Problems you have had with your Wii U or its accessories

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm curious to know if anyone else has had problems with their Wii U in the past.

Recently my GamePad went to a black screen but I could still hear the Smash U music. That happened when I tried to join a Smash U online lobby but my request got rejected >.< and then BAM. At first I thought the GamePad's battery was low so I tried charging it, but no dice. I had to hold down the power button which resolved the problem, :panda:

I'm guessing this issue is because my console's internal memory is almost full .-. Sometimes on the start screen of Smash Bros. U, my GamePad's screen would also freeze for 10-15 seconds =/

So what about you guys/gals? Have you ever encountered an issue with your console or its accessories?

Well, sometimes, my pro Controller begin controlling itself randomly. Though it hardly happens, it is really annoying when in a Mario kart 8 online race, I suddenly steer over to the side and crashes, or in smash I jump of a Cliff. I am Lucky though, because in smash, this rarely happens in matches, mostly in the menus.

Haven't had any problems really. One problem with the design though is that I wish the joystick had notches in the sides like the gamecube and wii nunchuck had. Always find myself going ever so slightly off center in games.

Before I bought Windwaker HD, I had the regular Wii U Deluxe console. One day, I turned it on and the Control Stick on the Wii U gamepad was jammed. It kept moving it down so I couldn't navigate anything. This was on my birthday, lol. I still remember. So the left control stick was jammed and it kept moving down. It took me a while to realize it, but I still wondered how it had happened. :panda:

Now I have Windwaker HD, with a pretty golden design on the Wii U gamepad! Everything happens for a reason :3

Last edited:
When I closed the Youtube app (was watching a vid but paused it), the Wii U screen just froze. I could hear the menu sound in the background, though. Happened a few times, and had to switch off the main power (from plug) and turn it on again. What's up with that? :eek:

I never had any problems with my Wii U or any accessories... But the PS4 & Xbox One has some hardware and software problems. I never had any problems with any of my Nintendo products. My old NES I have from the 1980's still works til this day. Nintendo makes gaming systems to last a lifetime.

One time the screen on my gamepad turned pink. When I turned it off and then back on, it was fine. It was weird though. Other than that, no problems for me. That wasn't even a problem.

Well, my wii u crashed 2 times, badly. I just hold the power for 10 seconds, unplug, bamb! Back to normal. 1 of those times, it was connectung to smash and made a buzzing noise. It is a very simple fix. Also on my gamepad, this is not a problem but I have a silcone case on mu gamepad and it is annoying because it catches dust easily. But I want it to be protected though.

A For Glory Online match was about to start. My opponent was Wario. Wario ran up to me and opened his mouth. The moment he did, my Wii U froze. I wasn't near my Wii U at the time, so I simply hit the power button from my game pad when I was supposed to power off the system itself. Thankfully, I realized that about 1 minute later. xD

Let's see:
Breaking My gamepad (twice)
Nunchucks no longer working
Random Internet Disconnections
Mario Kart 8 being for a different console apparently
And loud buzzing noises.

I have the best luck :D

My game pad has a weird blue mark at the top right of my screen I've tried everything to get it of anyone know how tou fix it?

My game pad has a weird blue mark at the top right of my screen I've tried everything to get it of anyone know how tou fix it?

I have a similar problem with an intrusive little speck in the center of my gamepad. (I've also tried all in my power to remove it, but to of no avail...)

I think the charger port on my Gamepad is sorta messed up, but somehow it still manages to charge. I guess I'm pretty lucky in some ways. xD

The amount of times my kid tripped over the whilst I was playing (and charging at the same time). Geez. I don't really want it to mess up further, because it might be expensive to get a replacement. :/

The actual charger has chew-marks on it (does it look like food, child?). :vamp:

My Wii u has only crashed once. It was when I was loading up Darksiders 2 and it just froze on me. I think it was due to it being on for too long and as it was a really hot day I think it probably overheated.

Other then that I've had no issues at all and it's been working fine :p

Well... The GamePad fell once from my my closet where the TV and the console are, and the LCD inside it cracked. Luckily, after a few weeks of explaining to my parents, we got it fixed (That's still 40€), and now, straight after beating Xenoblade X, the touch screen stopped working. I saved and rebooted the console, as well as the GamePad, no luck. Touch Screen is "dead" because I saw that small piece of dirt slide between the GamePad's plastic and the screen.

And Nintendo's support... "Try to calibrate your screen". Well, actually, I'd like to try that, but I can't even navigate in the System Settings due to the touch screen being unresponsive.

The only issue I've ever had with the WiiU or its accessories would be issues with the Pro Controller moving in strange directions after being connected to the WiiU. After a few times of this happening, I discovered that it happens when you connect the Pro Controller while inputting a direction on the control stick, causing the system to assign that direction as the "center" of the control stick.

Back