Project Diva Mega Mix, Future Tone, & Arcade for Noobs

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
So, you want to learn how to play Project Diva Arcade? Here are some tips that will definitely help you throughout your journey, and some things that I wish that I knew at the beginning.

1) Don't jump into harder songs, especially if you are new to the game.

I know it sucks, but really though, don't try jumping into the game at 7 stars, even if you have played Project Diva in the past. Play through some of the easier songs first, play through as many of the easy songs as you can, start from like 4 or 5 stars, and work your way up to the point where you can perfect 5 stars easily, then move on. Eventually, you should be able to clear 10 stars super easily, and then you will be able to play basically anything (not really though)

2) If you are on Switch, play with a Pro Controller or DS4 Controller (Avoid Joycons)

Your thumbs will thank you because let's face it, the joy-cons can't handle a beating that playing Mega Mix is going to give it. Switch to a better controller, and you will definitely feel the difference

3) Switch Tip! Play using Touch Mode if you want!

I wish Mega Mix would advertise it, but there is a special touch mode that you can use that has the same button layout as the arcade and is something that you will definitely love if you are coming from the arcade or are looking for a new way to play.

4) Controller Tip, Macros for life!

If you play using any sort of controller, learn how to use macros! You can assign your L2 & R2 to be quads or any sort of button combination that is in the game, I set mine to be Quads so that I can rack up bonus points really nicely.

5) Comment Below if you have questions

I'm not the best Project Diva player, but I can definitely help you if you have any questions!

Reactions: EsmyTiānmó
3) Switch Tip! Play using Touch Mode if you want

I wish Mega Mix would advertise it, but there is a special touch mode that you can use that has the same button layout as the arcade and is something that you will definitely love if you are coming from the arcade or are looking for a new way to play.

that may actually help me - I think I looked a little bit but did not find this mode. Like I really want to enjoy this game more but I kinda just suck at it. And how do you make Macros on the switch? I've done it for FFXIV on ps4 but not sure how you make macros here...is that a game feature I missed again? or is it done somewhere else?

Reactions: Jisenku
that may actually help me - I think I looked a little bit but did not find this mode.
You have to go to the bottom of the Controller Settings page (I don't have Mega Mix, so here is a video from Hisokee ~uses JPN version BTW~)

And how do you make Macros on the switch? I've done it for FFXIV on ps4 but not sure how you make macros here...is that a game feature I missed again? or is it done somewhere else?
Macros are just button replacements exclusive to Future Tone & Mega Mix. You go into your game config settings and go to controller config then map out the controller as you want. Most people call it Macros, but it's really not the same thing, it's more like button reconfiguring.

Reactions: EsmyTiānmó
Oh oh oh ok yeah I was over thinking it because of the term “macros”.
well thx :GWowoHehe:
I’ll give this a try sometime ^^

Reactions: Jisenku
not so Pro Tip for the idiots like me. Buy the 500 dollar arcade controller from called DIVALLER.
God i want that thing so bad.
I have yet to try tap mode, but I never really play my switch portable. Got to give it a try some time.
As for the Macros I try not to use them, sure they are nifty, but I like a good challenge.

• Informative
Reactions: EsmyTiānmó and Jisenku
not so Pro Tip for the idiots like me. Buy the 500 dollar arcade controller from called DIVALLER.
God i want that thing so bad.
I have yet to try tap mode, but I never really play my switch portable. Got to give it a try some time.
As for the Macros I try not to use them, sure they are nifty, but I like a good challenge.
:eyes: God that's a really expensive controller

So literally only use it if you have the money to do so

Back