Project X Zone 2

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Good stuff is happening, my little children. :cat:

Project X Zone 2 has been announced and confirmed for localization immediately - it'll come to the Americas this fall; hopefully Europe gets it at that time too.

The original characters in Project X Zone haven't been mentioned but Kazuma from Yakuza, Leon from Resident Evil and Dante and Virgil from Devil May Cry are in so I'm happy.

Trailer and confirmed-characters list.

I wasn't expecting a sequel, really. PXZ is AWESOME, but I've not finished it yet, 'cause it's a very long game.
It is one of the best strategy-RPGs I've played in my life, and the nostalgia that all those characters evoke made me love this game!
As PXZ2 is promising over 700 characters, I think it'll be even better than the first.

(I want DmC Dante playable, please *-*)

I know, I don't know if I should prepare for a sequel that improves over a boring game or even more garbage. I don't see the hype, guys, oh, and one last thing: No more sprites! I like sprites, but at first, the sprites looked good, but after a while, I noticed they look very low quality and dull. Plus, I'm a bit disappointed with the trailer. Why does it only show the characters? And I am very scared for it to release. I feel like its going to rushed, like the first one, which I blame Sega for! (hint! hint!) And if it wants to be a good tactical RPG, I would recommend them calling Intelligent Systems because they really make good tactical RPGs like the Fire Emblem and Advance Wars series. And in the end, I have VERY low expectations for Project X Zone 2.

That is very exciting :D I really was looking at another game to this because this is one of the most action-packed RPG games that I've ever seen *o*

I've played some of it and it was just so intense with the battling part . I will definitely look into this game :thumbsup:

Seriously, what is good that you guys see in this that I don't?

I also feel this game doesn't need to exist. In case if you didn'rlt hear, Sonic and Mega Man are having another crossover in the Archie comics. And this, it's not just that, other Sega and Capcom franchised will be involved in this crossover like: Mega Man X, Sonic Boom, Street Fighter, Nights, Alex Kidd, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, etc. So we're already having a crossover and I'm more hyped for THIS sequel than THAT sequel

I also feel this game doesn't need to exist. In case if you didn'rlt hear, Sonic and Mega Man are having another crossover in the Archie comics. And this, it's not just that, other Sega and Capcom franchised will be involved in this crossover like: Mega Man X, Sonic Boom, Street Fighter, Nights, Alex Kidd, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, etc. So we're already having a crossover and I'm more hyped for THIS sequel than THAT sequel
Dude, if you don't like it, why do you keep commenting? It's understandable if you didn't like the first one, (I had quite a few issues with it myself), and im hyped for the Archie comics crossover, but there's no need to repeatedly remind people you don't think it should exist

Dude, if you don't like it, why do you keep commenting? It's understandable if you didn't like the first one, (I had quite a few issues with it myself), and im hyped for the Archie comics crossover, but there's no need to repeatedly remind people you don't think it should exist
Sorry. I kind of went a bit overboard but I just don't get the appeal of it

Sorry. I kind of went a bit overboard but I just don't get the appeal of it
I can't speak for others, but I know for me the appeal was seeing all those characters crossover in the most awesomely nonsensical way, and pulling off the most ridiculously insane combos ever. Sure, the gameplay itself is admittedly shallow, but the feeling of being a complete bad*** makes it worth it. Just play it in short bursts though, you'll enjoy it more then playing it all at once

I'll try

Seriously, what is good that you guys see in this that I don't?
Were you an early 2000's Capcom+Sega+Namco kid? I was. That's the kind of fever it inspires in me. These three might suck now but back then they were my three favourite developers, and the games are brilliant - but even as a standalone RPG, Project X Zone was fun. I know it's time-consuming, but I enjoyed it immensely.

I hope Valkyria Chronicles characters make it into this one too :D

Yes

But still, the Archie comics do it 10x better than Project X Zone

And what's the big deal with Valkyria Chronicles?

(After doing research) Oh! OK! But the Tales series is more of my tastes

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you an early 2000's Capcom+Sega+Namco kid? I was. That's the kind of fever it inspires in me. These three might suck now but back then they were my three favourite developers, and the games are brilliant - but even as a standalone RPG, Project X Zone was fun. I know it's time-consuming, but I enjoyed it immensely.

I hope Valkyria Chronicles characters make it into this one too :D
But why? Valkyria Chronicles is the worse game ever, no one even likes it. :p

But why? Valkyria Chronicles is the best game ever, everyone loves it. And Valkyria Chronicles 2 is altogether holy. :p
Fixed. :giggle:

....said no one ever. UP TOP!!! Also, BFMV sucks. :giggle:
Sorry, I think THIS is what you meant to say

The lack of sprites isn't definite yet, it's still in development. I hope they're there in the end, \: D/. Oh, and Nelson sisters from Valkyria Chronicles make a perfect pair for this game. Maybe with Aliasse as an assist. Y U NO ADD ANISETTE.

@ToxicWolf1132 Lies :p

Reactions: 8150
The game has been out for a while now. Has anyone played it yet?

Chances of me getting it are extremely slim since the second Project X Zone demo (the one with the graveyard) didn't really impress me and I found the gameplay more of just button smashing >.>

The game has been out for a while now. Has anyone played it yet?

Chances of me getting it are extremely slim since the second Project X Zone demo (the one with the graveyard) didn't really impress me and I found the gameplay more of just button smashing >.>
Hopefully I will soon, I've asked family to get it since they're in the USA >.<)/

The PxZ gameplay actually has some timing to it. To get critical hits and maximize your combos, you need to use every move (Direction+A) and hit right before the opponent hits the ground again. If you use every move, you get an additional attack. The final bosses are hard, so I doubt button-mashers would end the story. :writing:

Reactions: Marc
The characters I'm most interested in are Ryu+Ken, Mega Man X (And I believe Zero), and Chrom and Lucina. (Yeah, I guess there are Nintendo reps also. Who knew?) But the Demo didn't really appeal to me and most guys can be beaten with closing my eyes and button mashing. I'd need to see more of the game before I'm convinced. But it certainly looks cool. And then again on the other hand plenty of video game flops probably looked good. =-/

It looks like it's been a bit over a year since this came out! I had the original Project X Zone, but I never beat it because it was downloaded on my old 3ds, which broke and lost all of it's data!
I liked the game while I had it, though! It was pretty neat!
Maybe I should check out Project X Zone 2 to see what I'm missing.
However, it might be a good idea to play the first one again and beat it in case I don't understand the story!
What do you think?

Back