Proprietary or custom built?

• Thread starter snobothehobo
  • Start date
S

snobothehobo

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Do you prefer buying proprietary machines (Dell, Gateway, Apple, etc.) or custom building your machine?

For me, I definitely prefer custom builds. The computer that I am currently using is my first machine that I custom built myself, and it is definitely worth it. Being able to control the parts that are used in your machine is great to ensure the best possible quality.

I would make custom-built PCs if I had the budget to buy some decent PC parts, but for now I stick to proprietary machines. I usually buy HP because I don't have to go through the trouble of assembling the computer and installing software. Their machines are also often on sale. I also buy laptops for portability and custom building laptops is not something that can be done easily (to my knowledge).

I would make custom-built PCs if I had the budget to buy some decent PC parts, but for now I stick to proprietary machines. I usually buy HP because I don't have to go through the trouble of assembling the computer and installing software. Their machines are also often on sale. I also buy laptops for portability and custom building laptops is not something that can be done easily (to my knowledge).

Same here. Custom Building a decent computer is way too expensive for me now, explaining why I chose a HP laptop. It's decent, good for gaming, and not expensive.

I prefer the already built ones. Although custom ones sound really cool, you can get to how you want it. But already built ones are less hassle. :p

I prefer custom. I didn't build mine, but I bought a custom one and I'm going to basically re-built it over time, so I guess I am kind of custom building.

Back