PS PS Vita got pwned by LBP ._.

• Thread starter Gamer4647
  • Start date
Gamer4647

Gamer4647

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Playing on the PS Vita is quite a rocky road, especially when your session can be ruined with errors.

Yesterday, I was simply playing LBP online, no problem. Then it all started with 'Recent changes to your profile could not be saved due to an unknown error'.
Next thing I knew, the DLC was refusing to load, which was a really bad sign as the data would be corrupt.
Finally, the error shown on the screen, ruining my LBP session online - the system had to be restarted in safe mode and the database had to be rebuilt as pretty much everything got corrupt by one game.

As of now, LBP will refuse to budge past the Important Information screen, assuming that my save has became corrupted from the previous events.

The proof of this incident is shown below - yes, the PS Vita is really that buggy.

2016-01-02-084742.jpg
2016-01-02-084746.jpg

That type of issue can happen, regardless of the system sadly ._.

That type of issue can happen, regardless of the system sadly ._.
The PS Vita just seems like a unstable system

Despite boasting amazing specs, the operating system fails quite frequently (or at least more than anything else, like the 3DS which is clearly nowhere near as powerful), games lag, the home screen can become slow after playing LBP or anything else, the system can sometimes lock on the sleep mode, the Playstation Store disconnects a lot and support is drifting away

It's a sad story

Honestly I can tell you why the system has so many problems and its like I stated in the thread for the person asking if they should get one. Sony basically gave up on the ps vita. They didn't think it was going to take off and it was just gonna sit in the shadows because the handheld giant Nintendo had so many huge announcements and releases they just let it go. It's got great potential but unless sony does something with it soon its just gonna remain buggy and useless.

Reactions: Mikaya
Honestly I can tell you why the system has so many problems and its like I stated in the thread for the person asking if they should get one. Sony basically gave up on the ps vita. They didn't think it was going to take off and it was just gonna sit in the shadows because the handheld giant Nintendo had so many huge announcements and releases they just let it go. It's got great potential but unless sony does something with it soon its just gonna remain buggy and useless.

I love my Vita, say what you want but I think it's heavily looked down upon. The proprietary memory cards hurt it badly, and people opted for the 3DS (especially considering the more popular library). But Sony at least implemented a better security system, cloud system and account system for it. Spec-wise it's better than the 3DS, but games wise (which is like 95% important in this argument) it falls short.

I love my Vita, say what you want but I think it's heavily looked down upon. The proprietary memory cards hurt it badly, and people opted for the 3DS (especially considering the more popular library). But Sony at least implemented a better security system, cloud system and account system for it. Spec-wise it's better than the 3DS, but games wise (which is like 95% important in this argument) it falls short.
I agree completely with you I mean if Sony hadn't given up on it so easy than it would have outranked the 3ds by a mile. It is a great piece of technology, it just didn't get the attention it deserved.

Sorry for the huge bump, but I'm getting hit with deja vu right now

2016-03-19-165057.jpg

Several items were showing up as missing and the profile refused to save

2016-03-19-165235.jpg

None of the levels would upload

2016-03-19-165256.jpg

After quitting the game, the game refused to open again

I haven't tried restarting the PS Vita yet, but it's going wrong again

Edit - This time, the game is telling me straight up that my data is corrupted, but trying to delete from in the game doesn't work so the data has to be deleted manually

Attachments

• 2016-03-19-165057.jpg
    2016-03-19-165057.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back