PS2

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
ah, this console bring back memories. Used to play Jak & Daxter, Ratchet and Clank...and GTA: San Andreas. All were really great games worth playing. The Graphics weren't amazing but were decent enough. Able to play DVD's too, not bad!.

Actually, for the time that this console was actually popular, the graphics were impressive. I have to say that I've never personally owned a PS2. I was amazed that only a few years ago, stores in my area were still carrying the PS2 Slim, although they've since removed the console from their shelves as they focus on the newer consoles.

I've spent many a day with my friends playing the classic PS2 games. Good times...

Loved my PS2 while it lasted, so many memorable games. Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, La Pucelle Tactics, Dark Cloud 2, Soul Calibur 2, just to name some that I was able to get.

I plan to buy a new PS2 eventually, because there are a lot of PS2 games that I missed out on that I want to go back and get. Tales games mainly.

I loved my PS2 - it was, I think, the first console I ever had. There was so many games I played on it and I really want to see if I can find it again and try boot it up.

I use to have a Ps2 before it broke i use to play Jack 3 because it came with it and i remember all my previous games.

I remember watching my brother play the ps2 back in the day with his buddy's! The only game I really ever watched him play would've been GTA (I'm not sure which one) too bad he sold it :(

I love my ps2, I still occasionally play it now. Just looking at the ps2 brings back the many childhood memories of when my brothers and sisters and I used to fight over who's turn it was, or who was to blame for loosing the memory cards but most of all I remember the many happy moments we had when we had finally completed a game, it felt like our life as a kid was complete. The jak games were amazing and so were the ratchet and clank games. This is what made the ps2 better as it had a massive game library and over 3000 games to date.

Ps2 times, times during which you rather gather with your friends in someone's living room, bedroom, basement,... to play games like twisted metal, 007 night fire on a tiny splitscreen then you send a message online and talk to them by headphones. So sad that splitscreen is slowly dying in modern games :(

While I still have the console, I don't have the AC cable to use it, since it fried two years ago due to a storm.
But I remember having fun times on that console. The three games I mainly stuck with were Sonic Unleashed, Burnout 3 and Ratchet & Clank 2. It was fun times, also because it had compatibility with PS1 games (though I don't care about it anymore, I play my PS1 games on my PSP. Yep, it should have been called the PlayStation 1&2 Portable).

The PS2 is my 2nd favorite console, my 1st being the Sega Dreamcast, it just has such a good library of games to play, most notably RPGs, the amount of quality RPGs on the system is insane, and with RPGs being one of my favorite genres, its understandable why I love the system so much. Having backwards compatibility didn't hurt either, not to mention the amazing exclusives it had like Sly Cooper, Jak and Dexter, Ratchet and Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, God of War, etc. It was a console made in a time where consoles were still made for games, without a huge focus on being a media hub(I'm looking at you, Xbox One). The PS2 is not only one of my favorite consoles, it is one of the best consoles of all time.

The PS2 is my 2nd favorite console, my 1st being the Sega Dreamcast, it just has such a good library of games to play, most notably RPGs, the amount of quality RPGs on the system is insane, and with RPGs being one of my favorite genres, its understandable why I love the system so much. Having backwards compatibility didn't hurt either, not to mention the amazing exclusives it had like Sly Cooper, Jak and Dexter, Ratchet and Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, God of War, etc. It was a console made in a time where consoles were still made for games, without a huge focus on being a media hub(I'm looking at you, Xbox One). The PS2 is not only one of my favorite consoles, it is one of the best consoles of all time.
Holy crap~! I have found another Dreamcast lover! I swear your post is exactly what I would've written. Despite the Ps2 being my very first system ever, I found myself loving the Dreamcast a bit more for what it did for the gaming industry regardless of the fact that it only lasted about a year. Jet Set Radio and Shenmue are my fav titles for that system and, for the Ps2, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King is my all-time favorite game. The music is lovely and the scenery is just too beautiful... Makes me drool a little bit thinking about it...

My god, I remember playing SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, Conflict Desert Storm, Scooby Doo: Nights of 100 Frights and Dog's Life on this. How I wish the PS3 played PS2 games..

Back