punk rock/ alt rock

• Thread starter AngelsShadow
  • Start date
AngelsShadow

AngelsShadow

Number XIV in the orginization, The Noisy Artist
Towns Folk
Hey guys this room is for talking about the awsome gift of punk rock alternative is aloud so long as its atleast close to punk. Am I the only teen that listens to punk rock in this day and age of techno crap? what bands do you guys listen to in the punk/alt world? And who here wants to help me start a band kind of like a mix of Rise against/radio head/ and switchfoot ik it sounds weird to think about but it sounds good if you hear it. I am an electric/acoustic guitarist and can sing rise against style of punk singing if that makes any sense at all.

Good to another punk rock fan \o

The first punk rock band I listened to were Sex Pistols, and even though they only made one album I think they're the best. So explosive - they defined punk :D

Then there's The Clash, Crass, Dead Kennedys, Social Distortion... those are the older ones that are good. The Clash grew to be a bit more upmarket but that wasn't a bad thing and 'London Calling' is a great album.

Nirvana were quite like a punk band to me. Punk, hard rock, grunge, alternative - it's hard for me to classify them, but they played like a punk rock band live.

Out of the newer ones, like post-2000s, I find Cancer Bats and Aiden to be the best.

Cancer Bats are a really unique in-between of metalcore and hardcore punk, and Aiden were a great hardcore punk band, their first album is incredibly underrated and it's probably one of my favourite albums of all time. I mean, listen to this \: D/

And who here wants to help me start a band

Too bad we don't live near each other, maybe I'd have given it a try. Dunno. Good luck tho :D

Reactions: Livada
I'm a metalhead, which means I listen to metal music but I listen to punk rock a little bit too. I like Rise Against, The Offspring, Anti-Nowhere Leauge, Dropkick Murphys and Anti-Flag :D

If you want to try metal then try these:
These two and couple more bands my boyfriend listens to besides punk rock (mostly rock) :p

Reactions: 18
Some of my favorite punk bands are Black Flag, Fugazi, Dead Kennedys, the Misfits and Minor Threat.

Good to another punk rock fan \o

The first punk rock band I listened to were Sex Pistols, and even though they only made one album I think they're the best. So explosive - they defined punk :D

Then there's The Clash, Crass, Dead Kennedys, Social Distortion... those are the older ones that are good. The Clash grew to be a bit more upmarket but that wasn't a bad thing and 'London Calling' is a great album.

Nirvana were quite like a punk band to me. Punk, hard rock, grunge, alternative - it's hard for me to classify them, but they played like a punk rock band live.

Out of the newer ones, like post-2000s, I find Cancer Bats and Aiden to be the best.

Cancer Bats are a really unique in-between of metalcore and hardcore punk, and Aiden were a great hardcore punk band, their first album is incredibly underrated and it's probably one of my favourite albums of all time. I mean, listen to this \: D/

Too bad we don't live near each other, maybe I'd have given it a try. Dunno. Good luck tho :D
the only bands I havent heard that you listed are Cancer bats and Aiden.

I am personally a big fan of social distortion, sum 41, and new found gllory to name just a few and bro nirvana is grunge, which I love btw ik how to play multiple of nirvanas songs. to bad I cant play left handed lol

[Aiden were a great hardcore punk band, their first album is incredibly underrated and it's probably one of my favourite albums of all time. I mean, listen to this \: D/

Too bad we don't live near each other, maybe I'd have given it a try. Dunno. Good luck tho :D[/QUOTE]

dude that is awesome, it reminds me of a uhhhhhhhhgggggggg i cant remember the name of the band I want to say Atreu but Ik thats not right

yeah its not anything like Atreuy but you should look up these songs

I'm a metalhead, which means I listen to metal music but I listen to punk rock a little bit too. I like Rise Against, The Offspring, Anti-Nowhere Leauge, Dropkick Murphys and Anti-Flag :D

These two and couple more bands my boyfriend listens to besides punk rock (mostly rock) :p

I really like anti flag and dropkick murphys, I used to wrestle with my dog to them playing in the back ground back when we i was little, thanks for all your other suggestions I fount anti nowhere really good so ill look into that some more

Some of my favorite punk bands are Black Flag, Fugazi, Dead Kennedys, the Misfits and Minor Threat.

bro Misfits, dead kennedys, black flag and minor threat are sick my dad would play those and hes the whole reason im into punk rock so you have him to thank. you might like Bad Religion

https://youtu.be/VAPbUXePmig

and this is atreu this song is kind of like AFI but must of there music is closer to a metal ill show you one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4PTglHwygg
and this a seccond one by Atreuy off of what i belive is there first album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltH459H9T4M

you would deffinatly enjoy Atreuy look them up. i dont know how to post vids on here lol.f

Last edited by a moderator:
Punk Rock:
JG Thirwell (and his 2 milion aliases)(more post punk and industrial,dunno if you will like it)
70s Throbbing Gristle(Its industrial,but alot of songs they played were pretty close to punk)(they pretty much were post punk before the punk scene was a thing)
80s Einstürzende Neubauten(something from my country,mix of Post Punk and Industrial)
Siege(early grindcore)
Napalm Death (Grindcore)
The Locust (mix of Power Violence and Noise Electronics)

Vorkriegsjugend(Hardcore Punk,also from my country)
Slime(Hardcore Punk,also from my country)
Alt Rock:
Tool(definitely)

you would deffinatly enjoy Atreuy look them up. i dont know how to post vids on here lol.f
You mean Atreyu? Tried, didn't like them that much. I'm more of a melodic death and heavy metal type of person :p
I will now present you one of my favorite (not favorite but ONE of favorite) bands with their all time best song ever!

Reactions: 18
Punk Rock:
JG Thirwell (and his 2 milion aliases)(more post punk and industrial,dunno if you will like it)
70s Throbbing Gristle(Its industrial,but alot of songs they played were pretty close to punk)(they pretty much were post punk before the punk scene was a thing)
80s Einstürzende Neubauten(something from my country,mix of Post Punk and Industrial)
Siege(early grindcore)
Napalm Death (Grindcore)
The Locust (mix of Power Violence and Noise Electronics)

Vorkriegsjugend(Hardcore Punk,also from my country)
Slime(Hardcore Punk,also from my country)
Alt Rock:
Tool(definitely)

hey bro thanks for the new bands the only one of them that ive heard before was from tool years ago.

You mean Atreyu? Tried, didn't like them that much. I'm more of a melodic death and heavy metal type of person :p
I will now present you one of my favorite (not favorite but ONE of favorite) bands with their all time best song ever!

uhggggg judas preist so good. that is a realy good band. sadly i dont know any of there songs titles

Last edited by a moderator:
I already knew Atreyu, and they're metalcore. Not punk. But since we're on the topic:

Judas Priest are amazing. 'Painkiller' :D

some more stuff
Krautrock counts as alt rock imo,so:
(Post)Punk:
A Fun little song about child murderes:
(this is from 1975,btw)
post punk band from australia:

Going off topic, if you like melodic heavy metal, you might like Ghost (B.C)

Going off topic, if you like melodic heavy metal, you might like Ghost (B.C)

yep, I know them, they are pretty good :D

Back