Pyra and Mythra join the fight as Smash Ultimate's newest DLC characters

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
And you people said Crash would make it. I guess he crashed on his way there :monkey:

Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are Smash Ultimate's newest DLC characters :playful: They'll come as a 2-in-1 character for the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, joining Min Min from ARMS, Steve and Alex from Minecraft, and Sephiroth from the Final Fantasy series.

HYhZRhm.jpg

Check out the reveal video below:

Nintendo's statement:
Nintendo said:
Originally featured in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as main character Rex’s two-in-one ally, Pyra/Mythra reawaken in March as the newest DLC fighters joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*. Pyra/Mythra are part of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2, which also includes DLC fighters Min Min from ARMS, Steve & Alex from Minecraft and Sephiroth from the FINAL FANTASY VII series, along with two yet-to-be-announced fighters. More information about Pyra/Mythra’s move set, as well as their exact release date, will be revealed in the future.
What do you think about Pyra and Mythra joining Smash Bros. Ultimate?

Reactions: Duffy and Mizunil
He gave them Min Min treatment alright having them be spirits as well as characters. Never played Xenoblade. Maybe they are trying to hype up the game but I am not hyped. I relate to none of these picks ever since the beginning of DLC. More swords means nothing new. They've done them since Melee. #FreeMelee Sakurai has two more chances to win me over. If he starts working on another Kid Icarus game I'm all for it but this is just like a fruitcake to most people. It's like we're paying to use a few spirits that are already in the game. I can skip playing competitive Smash. I got Free Brawlhalla in the back where multiple jumps can be viable. Don't do this to Pit unless you are going to buff him in a patch please these matchup arguments I can make are terrible.

Yup. I was on the "it's gonna be Crash" train... As usual, Nintendo remains the Kings of Left field, just when I thought I knew what to expect... they throw us off again. I will never learn, there is no pattern to smash reveals!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!

And you people said Crash would make it. I guess he crashed on his way there :monkey:

Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are Smash Ultimate's newest DLC characters :playful: They'll come as a 2-in-1 character for the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, joining Min Min from ARMS, Steve and Alex from Minecraft, and Sephiroth from the Final Fantasy series.

HYhZRhm.jpg

Check out the reveal video below:

Nintendo's statement:

What do you think about Pyra and Mythra joining Smash Bros. Ultimate?
Although I barely know who pyra is, i'm still hyped cuz of the trailer. She looks like a fast swordfighter and the transformation to mythra seems like an upgraded version of pokemon trainers pokemon exchange cuz it's faster and you get 2 different final smashes. Pyra's recovery looks pretty bad. I wonder if you can change into mythra mid-air and then recover. If the transformation is really as fast as they show it in the trailer, she would be a pretty fun character to experiment with for some unique combos. I hope the music from the beginning of the trailer is part of the playlist. I like that song for some reason. The stage is nothing too notable but it's cool I guess. You travel on a grandpa dragon. I really like the colors of the characters. The red and blue are just so colorful and go together pretty well.

So we're getting not one, but two anime girls in Smash?

These fighters seem to keep getting better and better. For the first time, this is a fighter I really want to get, both because I like the looks of the playstyle and because XC2 holds a special place in my heart. Really hope neutral B is used for switching because I find down B difficult to use.

Nonetheless, think I might pick up Smash again, this announcement has managed to reignite my interest in the game.

Really hope neutral B is used for switching because I find down B difficult to use.
This is probably what they're gonna do. Because mythra has counter and counters are ALWAYS down B.

Wait, when was Mythra's counter shown? I didn't see it. That said, pretty much every sword fighter has a counter, so it would be far from surprising. Does Pyra have one as well?

Wait, when was Mythra's counter shown? I didn't see it. That said, pretty much every sword fighter has a counter, so it would be far from surprising. Does Pyra have one as well?
Only mythra. And it was less of a counter and more like bayonetta’s time slowing down. Its the blue circle around mythra in the trailer.

Well actually, I think I was wrong. I've seen many youtube videos saying that it was her roll and not a counter. Andalso, if it was her neutral B to transform, then kirby would basically have no move if he absorbed them, He could transform but that's it.

Oh, that's a fair point. But... with Kirby's transformation, would he absorb Pyra's or Mythra's special? Or would it depend on exactly which fighter he absorbed?

Down special seems most likely, I'll need to get used to it. Alternatively, Inkling uses their shield for refilling their ink, which could also work, but I think that may have been a special case for them since theirs is based on a value rather than a single ability. On one hand, a shield transformation would mean they have a legitimate down special, on the other, they wouldn't be able to transform mid-air at all. Personally, I'd prefer a shield transformation but down special seems more likely.

Oh, that's a fair point. But... with Kirby's transformation, would he absorb Pyra's or Mythra's special? Or would it depend on exactly which fighter he absorbed?

Down special seems most likely, I'll need to get used to it. Alternatively, Inkling uses their shield for refilling their ink, which could also work, but I think that may have been a special case for them since theirs is based on a value rather than a single ability. On one hand, a shield transformation would mean they have a legitimate down special, on the other, they wouldn't be able to transform mid-air at all. Personally, I'd prefer a shield transformation but down special seems more likely.
It would depend on who kirby absorbs. It's similar to kirby vs pokemon trainer. He either gets squirtles, ivysaur, or charizard's neutral B. And in the trailer they showed the pyra mythra transformation happening mid-air so the shield transformation theory won't work out. You can practice transforming using down B with pokemon trainer ya know.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 8.07.39 PM.png

Back