Quagsire Sets

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Hey guys lol

Quagsire is kind of a funny looking Pokemon that shares the typing of Swampert but has a better movepool. With its Hidden ability, unaware, he gained a little bit more popularity.

Infestation
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Impish
HP 252 Def 252 SpDef 4
Infestation
Recover
Yawn
Substitute

This set traps and slowly kills its victims with Infestation and subbing to prevent taunts from other pokes.

Curse
HP 252 Def 4 SpDef 252
Curse
Earthquake
Recover
Waterfall/Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Ice Punch

Quagsire's flagship set that completely ignores any P-UP from Kangaskhan, SD from Scizor, and any Boosting move you can think of. While they're figuring out that even boosting doesn't work(Unless they know about it) you'll be setting Curses making your defenses higher and can finally smack your opponent with boosted EQuakes and etc.

Well, See ya next time guys lol

Reactions: Marc and Artisan
You could say I was "Unaware" of the usefulness of his ability because he never crossed my mind. :facepalm:

Reactions: Marc and MMMs
lol I love puns :D lol

Curse
HP 252 Def 4 SpDef 252
Curse
Earthquake
Recover
Waterfall/Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Ice Punch
I prefer a Careful nature for the extra SP DEF since Curse basically covers DEF. Unaware is an incredible ability, I must admit and my Quagsire never lets me down for most of the times that I've used him.

Reactions: MMMs
I prefer a Careful nature for the extra SP DEF since Curse basically covers DEF. Unaware is an incredible ability, I must admit and my Quagsire never let me down for most of the times that I've used him.

Well I think it depends on the trainer lol
For me I like to use Impish lol even with the dedicated SpDef investment cuz even with a little def boost, Quagsire might get a huge dent that can't sometimes be covered by recover. Or maybe its just me being paranoid fighting against M-Gyarados. lol

Anyways, it depends on you lol

Very interesting set, different than what I use on my Quagsire.

Quagsire@Sitrus Berry
Unaware Ability
252hp/252def/4spdef
-Swagger (recently changed, used to be yawn. Thinking about trying out attract LOL)
-Stockpile
-Recover
-Scald
NOW JUST TAKE A LOOK AND TAKE IT IN.

This Quagsire can take neutral special hits WELL after using stockpile to raise it's def and SpDef. Furthermore, you can switch him in and still get a stockpile up because of Sitrus berry. Most useful to take a hit that does more than half, stockpile, then you can recover and start stockpiling more defenses or attack and pull off a burn with scald. Now. Swagger. I realized by using yawn, it almost always makes ur opponent switch out which can be nice if you want to get it away but realistically and in battle, yawn has been helpful like once. You really end up justwasting a turn to make an opponent switch. SWAGGER THO, you confuse them and the attack boost doesn't matter because of his ability unaware! And opponents are less likely to simple switch out because of confusion. This can give you a great advantage to stack more stockpiles or even get them closer to death.

The only thing that really phases Quagsire is grass moves and toxic. But I always have chansey aromatherapy on my team so yay for synergy.

Quaggie would make a great teammate for Goodra.
Quagsire's defensive Capabilities are great, and even better with curse. And Goodra can have the ability Sap sipper to cover up for Quagsire's grass knot weakness. This allows Goodra to take advantage of it's great physical attack as well, or be a Mixed Tank w/ Assault vest. Goodra can function as the team's Specially defensive pivot, and Quagsire could be the Physically defensive Pivot. :panda:

Back