question about mario kart 8 deluxe

• Thread starter ariamisu
  • Start date
ariamisu

ariamisu

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
is loading times better with the digital version of this game?
i was planning to get this game for wii u after more games came out for that system but i never did.
but now it is on the switch and that i have a switch , i am now considering going for this game for switch.
i enjoyed mario kart wii and ds a lot.
or would i be better off going for the physcial version of this game?

is loading times better with the digital version of this game?
i was planning to get this game for wii u after more games came out for that system but i never did.
but now it is on the switch and that i have a switch , i am now considering going for this game for switch.
i enjoyed mario kart wii and ds a lot.
or would i be better off going for the physcial version of this game?
If you didn’t get it on wii u definitely get it on switch. Its a great game. Great music, graphics and gameplay.

Yes get it on the Switch. Physical and Digital versions don't really matter, but physical games tend to be a bit cheaper.

I loved Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii and I can definitely recommend Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as well, especially if you don't have the Wii U version.
MK8D includes all the DLC tracks and characters, so that's awesome; other than that it's not *too* different from Wii U (unless you play competitively)
The online is pretty robust, so no complaints there.
I got a physical cartridge, and I don't even notice the load times so I wouldn't worry about that. The main advantage of the physical cartridge in my opinion is that it reserves system memory.

TL;DR: Buy it! Physical or digital, it's a great game!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is practically just Mario Kart 8 right? Except with Link and Inklings and one or two new courses right?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is practically just Mario Kart 8 right? Except with Link and Inklings and one or two new courses right?
There are a few differences - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe included all the DLC at launch, and there were some bug fixes that matter to the competitive meta.
There were gameplay changes as well, including:
-double item boxes
-smart steering
-200cc time trials
-purple mini-turbos
-a few battle mode changes
-King Boo, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr., and Inklings are now playable (yay :D)
-addition of Boo and feather items
There may be some more stuff that I forgot, but there's a full list on the wiki: https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe

Hey thats pretty cool. But probably not too worth it if you already have MK8 on Wii U

The biggest difference is the new battle mode, having 5 different modes to play. but they also added many things for player convinience, such as carrying 2 items, and smart steering to avoid going off the track and auto accelerate options.

Smart Seering makes it so its impossible to go off the track? Wow

Smart Seering makes it so its impossible to go off the track? Wow
Smart steering is mostly useful if you're new to 200cc races because they are CRAZY fast. On the downside, you can't use ultra mini-turbos, but that's more of a mild inconvenience.

Mini Turbos are pretty awesome. Ultra Mini Turbos must be really good :eyes:

i did not get a wii u system , but i have a switch.
i still like mario cart , even though i do not have any games in that series anymore.
hiw much cheaper is mario kart 8 delxue physcial compared to e shop digital version?
im aware diffrent stores have diffrent prices , but how much would i save if i go for the cart version over digital?

It depends on get the game. If you get a used version it'll cost you significantly less than if you buy a new version of it.

i did not get a wii u system , but i have a switch.
i still like mario cart , even though i do not have any games in that series anymore.
hiw much cheaper is mario kart 8 delxue physcial compared to e shop digital version?
im aware diffrent stores have diffrent prices , but how much would i save if i go for the cart version over digital?
I recommend you find a used copy if you want a good price.
At least where I live, a physical copy of a new game costs about the same as a digital copy. If it's been out for a while, it might go down to 20-30% off. In some stores and online, however, you can often find a used copy for 50% or even 80% off the original price, depending on the game.

Back