Question about New Horizon

• Thread starter Link-182
  • Start date
Link-182

Link-182

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
So my sister started the game on my Switch because we didn’t know that we’d have to share an island. Once my sister gets her own Switch, which has been out of stock, and her own copy of the game, she’s planning to transfer her save data to that Switch. Afterwards, if I delete my sister’s profile on my copy (obviously once everything is transferred over), do I become the island leader?

Currently there is no way to transfer island data between Switches. Nothing has been announced for it either except that they're working on a way to do it, so it'll be a very long way off.

I believe that the "leader" character made, the first one made, is tied to the island. If you delete that character, you have to delete the whole island. I might be wrong, but I believe that's the case.

Oof. Okay, thanks!

My sister got it on release and has played it a ton, but she just recently finally got her Animal Crossing switch she ordered weeks ago. So now she has a shiny, matching switch to go along with the game, but her progress can’t be transferred. So now it’s collecting dust until this gets sorted out.

Back