• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Hi,

As you might (not) know, my GamePad accidentally fell, and, worst of all, crashed into the angle of my chair. Result ? The screen is totally broken now. It will power up, but the result is a total mess:
P01-04-15_18.08.jpg

So, I have a question: I still have the warranty (one-year), and I got my console last Christmas (2014), so, can I send my GamePad to get it repaired for free :cry: ?

I can't seem to find any repair or warranty thing on the Wii U for the Europe Site :/ ...
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Wii-U/Wii-U-666719.html
I only found the repair option for the 3ds(s) so i'm not sure if it can be fixed , but I'll research more

@D4rkDragon I have another idea , you can search for Wii U gamepad replacement screens on Amazon though it might be risky to try to establish it . But it is better that buying another Wii U :/

Last edited by a moderator:
@D4rkDragon I have another idea , you can search for Wii U gamepad replacement screens on Amazon though it might be risky to try to establish it . But it is better that buying another Wii U :/

:eek: But I can't afford another console... I guess I'm screwed then. I'll trying mailing Nintendo France's "Service Après Vente" (After-Sale Service if you want a translation) to see if they accept repairing the GamePad. Apparently, only the LCD screen is broken though, the tactile slab/screen is still okay.

:eek: But I can't afford another console... I guess I'm screwed then. I'll trying mailing Nintendo France's "Service Après Vente" (After-Sale Service if you want a translation) to see if they accept repairing the GamePad. Apparently, only the LCD screen is broken though, the tactile slab/screen is still okay.
Good Luck and I hope it gets fixed soon :cat:

Good Luck and I hope it gets fixed soon :cat:

Hopefully... I just can't spend money on anything for now, so, if Nintendo screws me this way... I'm dead.

Maybe you should take it to a gaming/tech shop first, before contacting Nintendo. From what I hear, official-company repairs are overpriced. A shop down the street could replace the screen for a much lower price if they're skilled enough, or they can send it for repair to their more-skilled counterparts - either way, it's always cost me less, so you should try it too. :cat:

Reactions: Mikaya and 3823
Maybe you should take it to a gaming/tech shop first, before contacting Nintendo. From what I hear, official-company repairs are overpriced. A shop down the street could replace the screen for a much lower price if they're skilled enough, or they can send it for repair to their more-skilled counterparts - either way, it's always cost me less, so you should try it too. :cat:

I'll try it later if Nintendo's prices are too expensive, thanks :)

It's under Warranty, so yeah the warranty should cover this up. If it doesn't than that is just messed up. From what i hear Warranties are supposed to get you free repairs. It worked for Xbox 360, we just mailed it and it came back nice and new. I would contact nintendo for further information and look up their warranties policy before taking it in to the tech guy who will make you pay for something completely free(other than shipping ofc)

Reactions: Rangercraft123, Mikaya and D4rkDragon
Ok, got a mail from Nintendo's customer service about it saying that since the screen is broken, I'd need to pay €150 to get my GamePad repaired.

Honestly, I don't know if I'm just utterly disappointed or just enraged by the mail. I didn't expected Nintendo to be such an "attracted-by-money" company. Because you see, it doesn't matter if the console is under warranty or not. In any case, I'd be better fixing my GamePad myself or waiting probably 3 weeks to wait for the insurance to probably try to cover it than spend the price of the console to get the GamePad fixed.

So, if basically, if your GamePad's LCD screen is broken, you're screwed. And Nintendo won't hesitate a second to tell you implicitly to "pay or get screwed". So, lesson learnt, I understood Nintendo's Customer Service just sucks so much that not even words can describe it. Don't break your stuff, even accidentally, guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangercraft123
That sucks, man. Like I said, company repairs are badly overpriced. They cost about 90% the price of a whole new console. You should take it to a tech shop to get it fixed.

I feel bad for you though :(

That sucks, man. Like I said, company repairs are badly overpriced. They cost about 90% the price of a whole new console. You should take it to a tech shop to get it fixed.

I feel bad for you though :(

Thanks. The WiiU GamePad's LCD screen is worth $20 according to internet, yet they want me to pay 150€ just to get a screen fixed. I didn't expected them to overprice it that violently or even not include it in the warranty. THAT should have been in the warranty because when you pay for a console, you pay for the WHOLE content. But they are too stupid to know it.

In any case, I feel betrayed, and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back