Questions about super smash bros ultimate ban system

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
So as some of you may know, you can get temporarily banned in super smash bros ultimate for disconnecting or things like staying idle for too long. This seems like a good way to keep trollers at bay. BUT if someone disconnects during a battle, BOTH people get penalized. It's even more frustrating because the bans stack up with 30 minutes being added to the ban each time. For example: If i get banned once the timer is set to 30 minutes but if it happens again, it increases to 1 hour etc... So ive been playing the online tourney mode quite frequently and every now and then some idiot ragequits and disconnects in the middle of the game which penalizes both of us. So right now i'm standing at a 5 hour ban. So my questions are: do the bans stack indefinitely? (is there no end and its possible to get 24 hour bans???), And is it possible in any way for me to get permanently banned even thought its not my fault and im not the one diconnecting from battles? And last but no least: are there any updates about nintendo fixing this issue any time soon? thanks in advance!

Reactions: AricAttack
This is a great question, and I wish I had an answer. I know that Nintendo sometimes issues permabans if you try going online with a hacked console or if you've altered your save file in some unauthorized way, but outside of that I've only ever heard of people being banned temporarily. I really don't understand why SSBU works that way, but it's really unfair to players like you who haven't done anything to warrant it. I'll ask a few of my friends who play more often than I do and see if they have any answers.

Reactions: Deepak
This is a great question, and I wish I had an answer. I know that Nintendo sometimes issues permabans if you try going online with a hacked console or if you've altered your save file in some unauthorized way, but outside of that I've only ever heard of people being banned temporarily. I really don't understand why SSBU works that way, but it's really unfair to players like you who haven't done anything to warrant it. I'll ask a few of my friends who play more often than I do and see if they have any answers.
Thanks!

You also lose some GSP I think

You also lose some GSP I think
I honestly dont care about GSP as long as im not banned for someone elses problem.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Back