• Thread starter bowserfang64
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
bowserfang64

bowserfang64

ya i ship ereri
Towns Folk
Hello, I got my Pokémon Omega Ruby for Christmas and YET im still soft resetting for a shiny Treecko. Also I haven't been keeping track of the number of resets sadly. I know the basics of soft resetting but I have some questions.

First of all, Will resetting the game before the battle starts affect anything? because I accidentally reseted my game a few times before the battle started and I don't know if that will affect anything.

Second, if I choose a different pokemon will that also affect anything, because one time I accidentally picked trochic. so....

Third, if I quit my game, take out the card and go to play another game will that effect anything? Because my friend got a 3DS XL and I was thinking we could play smash bros together.

And last, is there a limit to the number of soft resets you can do before getting the shiny? (Like can you only do like 20,000 then there will be a 100% chance of getting a shiny next time?)

Thank you I really hope I can get an answer from this. ^_^

Oh yea, and if I don't have the latest update, (for 3Ds xL and pkmn OR) will that effect anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I got my Pokémon Omega Ruby for Christmas and YET im still soft resetting for a shiny Treecko. Also I haven't been keeping track of the number of resets sadly. I know the basics of soft resetting but I have some questions.

First of all, Will resetting the game before the battle starts affect anything? because I accidentally reseted my game a few times before the battle started and I don't know if that will affect anything.

Second, if I choose a different pokemon will that also affect anything, because one time I accidentally picked trochic. so....

Third, if I quit my game, take out the card and go to play another game will that effect anything? Because my friend got a 3DS XL and I was thinking we could play smash bros together.

And last, is there a limit to the number of soft resets you can do before getting the shiny? (Like can you only do like 20,000 then there will be a 100% chance of getting a shiny next time?)

Thank you I really hope I can get an answer from this. ^_^

Soft-resetting is like repeatedly running into the same Pokemon, you can't raise nor lower the chance to run into a shiny.

So you can take a break, choose the wrong one, or reset to early and It won't affect anything.

Happy shiny hunting ;)

Reactions: bowserfang64
so if I take the game card out and play another game, and then go back to omega ruby another day, it wont affect anything?

so if I take the game card out and play another game, and then go back to omega ruby another day, it wont affect anything?
nope, you'll always have that under 1% chance no matter what ;)

Great! Thanks so much for the reply! I really appreciate it! (now I can play smash bros with my friend!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back