• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
When reading anything Comic or Manga, it's more important for you personally to understand the character's words or action scenes!? If the writing was hard to understand but you could see what was happening would you still enjoy it? Or if the story/writing was awesome but art lacked, would you enjoy it still because you know what's happening? (One Punch Webcomic's the AWESOMEST THING I'VE READ/SCENE!!!) Or no compromise?

Since I kinda do comics, it's hard to say. Actions do speak louder than words in a sense, but on the other hand, if the creator can't draw, writing/typing what's supposed to be happening is VERY important so the viewer can know what's going on. D:

Maybe a sort of balanced compromise is in order, y'know? And by sorta, I mean if the creator can sorta draw, but is stronger in writing, make sure they put the details in writing, and vice versa. \o/ Hope my input kinda helps. ^-^"

Reactions: Kakea
If anything has to be done in comic form, it has to be done clearly.

I see, both of you are leaning to "No Compromise", could you suggest software that allows picture/art editing? For the moment, I don't have anything to have full pictures/panels along with comprehensible writing.

Since I kinda do comics, it's hard to say. Actions do speak louder than words in a sense, but on the other hand, if the creator can't draw, writing/typing what's supposed to be happening is VERY important so the viewer can know what's going on. D:

Maybe a sort of balanced compromise is in order, y'know? And by sorta, I mean if the creator can sorta draw, but is stronger in writing, make sure they put the details in writing, and vice versa. \o/ Hope my input kinda helps. ^-^"
If anything has to be done in comic form, it has to be done clearly.

Alright, here's a quick look. But I'm going to need help on how text/wordbubbles/effects ect should be added to this...
WVW69kuw5XoTMlEFwS

If it's a narrative part, text bubbles should be in the upper corners. ( To me, anyway :p ) If someone's talking, put it near them. Make sure you have enough room.

If it's a narrative part, text bubbles should be in the upper corners. ( To me, anyway :p ) If someone's talking, put it near them. Make sure you have enough room.

I know how to make a comic strip! I mean what should I use fir that part: It'll be messy to simply jam that all in on the drawing app I'm using...

Words are generally, most of the time, part of a comic and I've enjoyed reading clear and concise dialogue in comics (which are qualities needed). It doesn't mean that comics have to have words. Though the drawings need to very clearly portraying what the artist wants, having no words can add a unique feel based on each reader's different discretion of what's happening in a scene.

Words are generally, most of the time, part of a comic and I've enjoyed reading clear and concise dialogue in comics (which are qualities needed). It doesn't mean that comics have to have words. Though the drawings need to very clearly portraying what the artist wants, having no words can add a unique feel based on each reader's different discretion of what's happening in a scene.

THANK YOU!!! I was looking for someone who could appreciate both parts individually, if the writing's precise/entertaining. The picture shouldn't suffer, but series like One Punch and Mob Psycho can still be "explode"/be fun!

I like wordless stuff too, it's interesting to see a story/use your MIND to see/tell what's happening!

I'm glad you commented, the other two seem like their tastes/abilities are apparently perfect(?). No one can tell story through just words or pictures, but after seeing put types and LOVING them, I could appreciate either when reading or watching something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back