Hyrule Warriors Rage thread: DLC in Hyrule Warriors

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
The game will features DLC, most of them special outfits. For the moment, the special edition of the game there will have six codes for special outfits, but still...

Why? >:[

Last edited:
I'll never know why people get angry at stuff like this.

It's not like costumes add anything to your game, it's just for if you want to look different. I'm personally glad there's an option to purchase more if I get tired of seeing the same outfit.

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer

It's not like costumes add anything to your game, it's just for if you want to look different. I'm personally glad there's an option to purchase more if I get tired of seeing the same outfit.

Well, the problem is they're planning the DLC before the release, that means data will be in the game but needed to pay for separate. I hate that a lot.

The game will features DLC, most of them special features. For the moment, the special edition of the game there will have six codes for special outfits, but still...

Why? >:[

That's a bad thing, first, Mario Golf, now, Hyrule Warriors... If Nintendo's starting to get addicted to DLC, we're screwed !
And DLCs for outfits? That reminds me of a game I won't quote the name...

Reactions: Heart
That's a bad thing, first, Mario Golf, now, Hyrule Warriors... If Nintendo's starting to get addicted to DLC, we're screwed !
And DLCs for outfits? That reminds me of a game I won't quote the name...

Nintendo isn't the problem here...
HW is a 3rd party game.

The game is FFXIII eh? :p

Nintendo isn't the problem here...
HW is a 3rd party game.

The game is FFXIII eh? :p
It wasn't FFXIII, but now that I think of it, yes, it can be this too. I was thinking about Call of Duty instead, but anyway.
Also, for me, I think it's a problem, because except for Mario Golf, Nintendo never made DLCs... so, it's just that I am shocked.

It wasn't FFXIII, but now that I think of it, yes, it can be this too. I was thinking about Call of Duty instead, but anyway.
Also, for me, I think it's a problem, because except for Mario Golf, Nintendo never made DLCs... so, it's just that I am shocked.

Why would anyone be mad a OPTIONAL DLC that adds nothing but personalization to your game? That's ridiculous.

Pikmin 3 had DLC.

Well, the problem is they're planning the DLC before the release, that means data will be in the game but needed to pay for separate. I hate that a lot.

why oh why? =(

well, that's annoying. I don't get why they're trying to achieve by doing that.

a variety of costumes sounds cool though. Nice to have a change sometimes. xD

Dlc? cool, i like it. 'xcpt when its dlc on release. i uate on release dlc, cause why not release the game eariler then

Wow they are planning dlc and their game is not even done, just put the costumes in the game oh my gosh. I refuse to buy this dlc.

Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros 2 are good examples of how I wish dlc was made, after the games release, it's made.

DLC is good, it's not like you have to buy it or anything like that. But I agree with Erixsan, I hate paying for on-disc DLC, just like you have to do for CoD. Maybe the DLC is not on the Disc, but comes out separately, and they are just planning it now?

Why would anyone be mad a OPTIONAL DLC that adds nothing but personalization to your game? That's ridiculous.

Pikmin 3 had DLC.
The issue is that the content is in the game already. You don't download the content itself, you download an unlock key. The content in question is on the disk, which means you are paying extra for something you should obtain by default.

It also displays just how money-grabbing the company is becoming, by partitioning the game files and charging you however much the game is to begin with, plus extra to enable you to have full access to what is on the disk.

At least it isn't interesting content. Though if it turns out they've also locked in some story DLC, I can see a large amount of backlash incoming.

The issue is that the content is in the game already. You don't download the content itself, you download an unlock key. The content in question is on the disk, which means you are paying extra for something you should obtain by default.

It also displays just how money-grabbing the company is becoming, by partitioning the game files and charging you however much the game is to begin with, plus extra to enable you to have full access to what is on the disk.

At least it isn't interesting content. Though if it turns out they've also locked in some story DLC, I can see a large amount of backlash incoming.
Hopefully that will note be a problem, as I know Nintendo will get a lot of hate if they lock story content and make it DLC. Nintendo has always focused on their customer's satisfaction, unlike many game developers. eg: Call of Duty.

Hopefully that will note be a problem, as I know Nintendo will get a lot of hate if they lock story content and make it DLC. Nintendo has always focused on their customer's satisfaction, unlike many game developers. eg: Call of Duty.
I think Activision et al actually do focus on customer satisfaction. Otherwise they wouldn't have such a tremendous following. Lots of people hate on the whole one-a-year business model, but there are actually quite a few developers who do the same, or worse. And I don't think one can argue against the quality of their work.

I think Activision et al actually do focus on customer satisfaction. Otherwise they wouldn't have such a tremendous following. Lots of people hate on the whole one-a-year business model, but there are actually quite a few developers who do the same, or worse. And I don't think one can argue against the quality of their work.
IMO, They focus on the fast selling of the games. What do you think every CoD game has? Only new maps, and guns/players with different animations and skins.

IMO, They focus on the fast selling of the games. What do you think every CoD game has? Only new maps, and guns/players with different animations and skins.
And story, mechanics, game modes...

Really, your argument can be applied to almost any game. Dante's Inferno is just God of War set in Hell, since it "only" has new maps, and weapons, and skins. Final Fantasy VI is just Final Fantasy V with new maps, and weapons, and characters. etc etc.

If you just focus on certain facets, all games are the same. Look at Mario, to use a Nintendo example. What does NSMB2 on the 3DS have over Super Mario Bros on the NES? If we use your stipulations, it has nothing. Full colour and a couple of power-ups. Beyond that, they're exactly the same game because they just have new maps and different character skins.

It doesn't work that way.

And story, mechanics, game modes...

Really, your argument can be applied to almost any game. Dante's Inferno is just God of War set in Hell, since it "only" has new maps, and weapons, and skins. Final Fantasy VI is just Final Fantasy V with new maps, and weapons, and characters. etc etc.

If you just focus on certain facets, all games are the same. Look at Mario, to use a Nintendo example. What does NSMB2 on the 3DS have over Super Mario Bros on the NES? If we use your stipulations, it has nothing. Full colour and a couple of power-ups. Beyond that, they're exactly the same game because they just have new maps and different character skins.

It doesn't work that way.
Okay. I agree with that. I'm not saying that Mario isn't recycled, but the thing with CoD is that the game comes out every year, it is loved and then hated after a while. People say that the previous game is better.
Mario games generally have a different world to explore, and they usually have a newly introduced feature in the game.
That adds up to the time we have to wait for a new Mario game.

I agree with Nanamine.

Downloadable Content like this, I think, is perfectly fine to submit at launch, it doesn't display content that will damage the overall gameplay/story, it's just optional DLC containing costume so far, even though I don't think Nintendo will add more to the DLC package.
But I don't think it's anything important! It's only costumes so far, nothing that will spoil the game. Optional DLC, I am certain that they won't add anything other than costumes in the "at launch" DLC.

I'm not a big fan of DLC either. It just makes you feel like you're missing content from the game. I have no problems with cosmetics for the most part, but when extra levels, characters, or bosses get added to the game for a price, I feel a bit cheated.

Back