Raging Loop - A Psychological Horror Visual Novel Game

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Raging Loop is a psychological horror visual novel where one wrong turn can mean the end for you.

More about the game:
Haruaki Fusaishi, the main character of Raging Loop will quickly realise that he is stuck in a seemingly endless loop. Whenever he dies, he returns to the first day of his arrival to the Yasumizu settlement. He will take advantage of the knowledge acquired before being murdered. This new piece of information will be materialized by a Key that can be used to progress further in the story.

A new gameplay trailer is out as well:

Like the visual novel games I'm used to, Raging Loop has a flowchart:

FTcTFtn.jpg

Finishing the story (true ending) doesn't end the game as well. It unlocks a Revelation Mode instead :eek:

The game hits the Nintendo Switch eShop on October 22nd in North America and October 13th in Europe. Halloween is just a couple of days after its release, so you can book it and play it on Halloween night for the best experience, unless you're reserving the day for Luigi's Mansion 3. But hey, doesn't hurt to play both.

Does Raging Loop seem interesting for a horror visual novel game? What do you think?

You'd think it would be annoying to be brought back to the beginning after you die but since there's no real gameplay involved and more gets revealed bit by bit that doesn't bother me. Hopefully it's long enough to have a good story and short enough to not drag on and annoy people.

This reminds me of the game letters just a bit. It takes a lot to get me into these type of games so I donno if it's there for me untill I see a bit more of it.

So.. This is an interesting one.

The story is basically just the werewolf/mafia/town of salem game formula but with spiritual/mythical take on it. You play as a guy who gets lost, crashes his bike, and ends up finding this settlement which isn't on any maps and is just far, FAR out in the middle of nowhere. Soon enough, he gets trapped in the village in the middle of this life or death game of deception and lies.

The flowchart works basically exactly like 999/VLR/ZTD/Somnium files/etc, you can jump to any point in the chart, whenever you want. There's also an option in settings where you can force unlock the flowchart in the event of your save corrupting or lose your data some other way.

I think this is more teetering on the "it's so bad it's good" side, but also actually has some really genuinely intriguing parts to it. It's a unique take on the werewolf game, the human's roles (there's 4) you'll most likely recognise easily if you know about the original games, but they all have a story to why they exist. The writing is pretty iffy though but in a hilarious sense, there's some grammatical errors and just general things like that (one point the dialogue devolved into arrows and nonsense and I still don't actually know *why* xD). Characters are.. interesting. Not far enough in yet to actually fully explore the characters' personalities and such.

Idk, I picked the day 1 edition up for really cheap yesterday, I don't think I could recommend this at full-priced (I think it's £25 for the standard version?), but if you find it on sale and you enjoy interesting but not perfect stories, or like the idea of the story and don't mind the game being a bit... rough around the edges, might be worth it. It is a full visual novel, no gameplay other than reading it lol. From what I've heard, it's about 20 hours long as well.

Back