RMT / Team Help Rain team (UU) ORAS

• Thread starter asdf34
  • Start date
asdf34

asdf34

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
Wassup,

having not played Pokemans in a while due to exams i am finally getting back in and now i have got interested into UU.

So far i have

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Hyper Voice

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Rain Dance
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave

i do realize that some of the sets are dumb. e.g. toxic and hyper voice on politoed and sludge wave on goodra.

Can you help me?

i don't think it's too necessary to have rain dance on goodra when you have assault vest and also Politoed. I presume swampert is either adamant. Honestly i'd run protect over hyper voice for poli but just my preference.

All I can say is that having Assault Vest and Rain Dance on Goodra is kind of useless because Assault Vest only let's you use damaging moves. I'd recommend a move like Dragon Dance or something that'll give it STAB.

Reactions: Vernal
Rain Dance isn't necessairy as Crystalites said but it can prevent too much reliance on Politoed. Politoed is an essential to all rain teams and is great for setting up rain and getting rid of a lot of weaknesses fo the team. Power-Up Punch isn't the best for M-Swampert :/

Replace Ice Beam on Politoed for Encore and Hyper Voice for Rest, change Swampert's EV spread to 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe, it'll allow him to outspeed Mega Beedrill and Mega Sceptile, Power Up Punch is fine on Mega Swampert as long as you have enough Rain support, you can afford to run it over Rain Dance. I'd replace Goodra for a Pokemon like Tornadus, Tornadus offers better Rain support due to having Prankster for its ability and having synergy with Mega Swampert as well.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
Okay guys thank you. Btw i realised only after that i cant use rain dance

Wassup,

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Hyper Voice

Well, the Drizzle Ability is banned in UnderUsed, so there is a problem...

CWGi2x9.png

Back