Random Question

• Thread starter Arronchard
  • Start date
Arronchard

Arronchard

Mastr Quikskop3r!!!!!!
Towns Folk
If your friend had another region console and he were to gift you a game from their store, Would the game be able to play on the other 3ds?

For instance if I were to receive a gift from a person who had a US console but mine was a UK console, would I still receive the gift and would it be playable?

Games are region locked so if your US friend gifts you a game it won't work on your UK system. Sorry, that's how things work >.<

That's so stupid. I mean if you were gifted a game from another regions store, they should at least convert it to work or something, man nintendo are really cracking down on their games for some reason, like what difference would it make if it was from another region? :/

Yea, it sucks I know. I'm not too sure myself why they region lock games but maybe there's some reasoning behind it.

Because Nintendo are racist and believe in segregation of regions rofl, keep the brits with the brits, the americans with the americans and keep all the good games to ourself and don't release them to the outside

Because Nintendo are racist and believe in segregation of regions rofl, keep the brits with the brits, the americans with the americans and keep all the good games to ourself and don't release them to the outside
...wat

Better if the friend gave you money to buy the game than gifting you the game from their region. Then again, currency differences... but it's more easily bypassed than region lock. :/

Better if the friend gave you money to buy the game than gifting you the game from their region. Then again, currency differences... but it's more easily bypassed than region lock. :/
Agreed. Or he could just buy a code, online, at a European store and send you the code. Since it would be a PAL code it should work.

No, you can not do it due to the region lock.

It would be better if your friend gave you a code from a european store online and email/male you the code, or he can male you the money needed to buy one if your friend can.

Personally i really want nintendo to scrap this whole region lock thing, because its really annoying how you cant play european/any other games on a american/any other device and how you cant use eshop codes on any device, i hope they fix this with the NX.

Yeah, due to region lock that wouldn't be achievable. Your Nintendo 3ds has to be the same region as the code that you're trying to enter. But it can be possible by your friend buying the code from an online store with a EU code. Then it will work on your Nintendo 3ds.

Back