Random Science Facts!!

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
The first random science fact: The four criteria for life!

1. All life forms contain deoxyribonucleic acid, which is called DNA
2. All life forms have a method by which they extract energy from the surroundings and convert it into energy that sustains them.
3. All life forms can sense changes in their surroundings and respond to those changes.
4. All life forms reproduce.

Just random science facts! Whenever I'm bored, I'll just post random science fats in this thread!

Random Science Fact: There are 4 main states of matter; Solids, Liquids, Gases, and Plasmas.
There are however other states of matter that are more complex like Bose-Einstein condensates (which is just a diluted gas that's cooled to the temp around Absolute Zero. Absolute Zero is the theoretically coldest temperature :p)
Also if you didn't already figure it out, Bose-Einstein condensates was something Albert Einstein had theorized when he was alive. 40 years after his death, the first pure form of this matter was created.

Reactions: Samster
DARK LINK WITH THE THREAD REVIVE!

Reactions: Dark Link
Here's a cool fact. Researches at Binghamton University (my college!) have developed a heating and freezing technique that kills pancreatic cancer cells

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Hydrogen is the first element on the periodic table.

THE MORE YOU KNOW AMIRIGHT

The first random science fact: The four criteria for life!

1. All life forms contain deoxyribonucleic acid, which is called DNA
2. All life forms have a method by which they extract energy from the surroundings and convert it into energy that sustains them.
3. All life forms can sense changes in their surroundings and respond to those changes.
4. All life forms reproduce.

Just random science facts! Whenever I'm bored, I'll just post random science fats in this thread!
1. Alleles are codes of dna coiled up which paired up with another allele make a chromosome
2.phenotype is the the result or physical appearance of an organism, but genotype is the whole set of genetic information to make up the phenotype.
3. Recessevive alleles traits are only present when a dominant allele isn’t present. Since the allele can be left there unused in a homozygous pair that’s why people can pass down traits like red hair for many generations and not appear.
4 . The moon only shows light because of the reflection it gets from the sun. As it orbits the moon the amount of sunlight that hits it changes. Causing moon phases.
More heredity and adaptation stuff (plus space)

I heard that the more older a parent is then it is very likely the offspring will be ugly too and this is probably right because one of my cousins who was born like 2 years ago has a dad who is 43 and her mom is like 26 and sadly my little cousin came out unpretty although I see it most people think she’s like that because she is young and they say that she will get pretty once she grows up ,but idk because I heard this random fact in the doctors once when I went last year. Hopefully you guys don’t think I’m mean or rude by saying this I was just stating a random fact and I apologize if I hurt anyone’s feelings.

Back