Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
FireEmblem Smash Player

FireEmblem Smash Player

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Hey everybody, I have recently been getting into pokemon competitive play. I have been creating a team. I think it is overall balanced, but let me know what you think. I have Goodra, Gliscor, Umbreon, Metagross, Azumarill, and Breloom. I got the stats and moves off of smogon. I have put my team into a balance checker and it said it was good, but I would like to hear your guys input. I am trying to take on the gyms here at 3dspedia, so I'm going to need all the help I can get. Let me know if I should change anybody on my team, I am open to all suggestions. Thanks for your help in advance.

A good team isn't all you need for a competition like this. You need skill and knowledge of the game. I suggest finding a teacher in our Pokemon School to get help with.

The teams decent as well. EVs, natures, moves and more would be needed to give it a actual rating.

Ok, thx for your help. Is the pokemon school here closed? Will I be really far behind at the school for joining late, or has it not even started yet? I have been doing my research on smogon and a youtuber named Verlisify. Here's the stats for all of my pokemon.

Umbreon:
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Breloom:
Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Goodra:
Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Metagross:
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Azumarill:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

(Note: I give all credit to smogon)

Ok, thx for your help. Is the pokemon school here closed? Will I be really far behind at the school for joining late, or has it not even started yet?
Each teacher teaches each students separately so go to the Pokemon school thread to see which teachers are currently available, pick one of your liking, send them a private message and get studying :3

Ok thank you so much! I will.

Ok, thx for your help. Is the pokemon school here closed? Will I be really far behind at the school for joining late, or has it not even started yet? I have been doing my research on smogon and a youtuber named Verlisify. Here's the stats for all of my pokemon.

Umbreon:
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Breloom:
Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Goodra:
Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Metagross:
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Azumarill:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

(Note: I give all credit to smogon)

I want to help!! I want to help!!

Well, first, lets look at your team

umbreon.png
breloom.png
goodra.png
metagross.png
gliscor.png
azumarill.png

It seems solid, looks like a Bulky offensive team, but with Umbreon, which is a disadvantage.
Your Umbreon set is too passive, your opponent can use it its advantage to set up and sweep your team.
Also, you lack of Stealth Rocks (the best move in the game imo) and a way to take hazards away (You don't have to always carry one... but this team loses to Hazard Stack and Toxic Spikes, so it would be good)

The first change I suggest is changing Umbreon for Clefable, which does the exact same thing... but better (and also gives you Stealth Rock support).
Also, even when you hit hard, you lack of something that hits hard and is fast, since your faste Pokémon is Metagross after mega evolving, so I'm changing Goodra for Latios, which gives you Defog support, hits really hard, and has a way to recover HP

clefable.png
breloom.png
latios.png
metagross.png
gliscor.png
azumarill.png

Some other minor changes

- Change Hammer Arm for Bullet Punch or Pursuit on Metagross
You already have a Breloom AND an Azumarill with with figthing coverage, having Hammer Arm too is a little overkill, while Bullet Punch or Pursuit are going to be helpful in a lot of matches
Bullet Punch allows you to pick up weakened and/or frail opponents, while Pursuit helps you trapping Pokémon like Victini, that are an issue to your team

- Change your Breloom HP IVs from 31 to 29, this allows you to get more hits using Life Orb

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Also, about Verlisify... avoid him... at all cost

All of his guides are either copy pasted from bigger sites, or completely awful guides made from himself

And he keeps attacking smaller channels to gain views, and then erases those comments/videos and acts like nothing happened (Like he lately attacked a VGC channel with no arguments other that "I think he cheats")

Breed your azumarill until it has aqua jet AND belly drum. This may help you sweep through teams, as you maximize your attack and use a priority move. Just try not to encouter any grass types(espicially ferrothorn)or other water types, as it may take several hits to take your opponent down.

Back