Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

How does my team look like who should I add who should I keep.

Last edited:
I'll rate each mon individually:
Garchomp - Looks good, but why Fire Blast? Your Garchomp set is physical, but why would you put a special attack there? Since you have EQ for the ice types, try something that'll handle fairies, like Iron Head.

Staraptor - The set looks pretty good. I personally like my Staraptor to outspeed everything so I gave mine a choice scarf. And since I gave it a scarf I have no use for protect, so instead mine has U turn, in case it has a bad matchup.

Azumarill - These are always deadly. Here's a deadly combo for Azumarill: Belly Drum + Sitrus Berry. Now you azumarill has an amazing attack stat and its HP is still there. I would take out Double Edge for Belly Drum, and give it a Sitrus Berry. Just watch out for Unnerve Pokemon when you want to use this though.

Ferrothorn - Great utility mon, I also like using this on my team as well. However I would recommend Stealth Rocks over Spikes, since it affects airborne Pokemon as well. Overall the rest of the set is fine.

Slowbro - I haven't really worked with this mon much, but I think it's a fine regenerator set you have for yourself. Though I might think Calm Nature could help you more than Bold.

Mega TTar - It doesn't really excel in speed, so a Jolly Nature with Max Speed. It has more Physical bulk than anything, so instead of Max speed do Max Defense with Impish Nature. Plus it as a pretty high special defense stat as well, so you could also try investing some EVs into that as well.

Overall your team is pretty fine. Just a few minor changes can make your team a lot better than what it is right now. As of right now there are no real threats to your team, but you may have to be careful around Electric types because half your team is weak against it. And I know you say that you want to keep Staraptor but I feel a Talonflame can really help your team. Strong physical attacker with Gale wings, guarantees at least one pokemon is going down on the opposing team. It's up to you whether you want to use it though.

I'll rate each mon individually:
Garchomp - Looks good, but why Fire Blast? Your Garchomp set is physical, but why would you put a special attack there? Since you have EQ for the ice types, try something that'll handle fairies, like Iron Head.

Staraptor - The set looks pretty good. I personally like my Staraptor to outspeed everything so I gave mine a choice scarf. And since I gave it a scarf I have no use for protect, so instead mine has U turn, in case it has a bad matchup.

Azumarill - These are always deadly. Here's a deadly combo for Azumarill: Belly Drum + Sitrus Berry. Now you azumarill has an amazing attack stat and its HP is still there. I would take out Double Edge for Belly Drum, and give it a Sitrus Berry. Just watch out for Unnerve Pokemon when you want to use this though.

Ferrothorn - Great utility mon, I also like using this on my team as well. However I would recommend Stealth Rocks over Spikes, since it affects airborne Pokemon as well. Overall the rest of the set is fine.

Slowbro - I haven't really worked with this mon much, but I think it's a fine regenerator set you have for yourself. Though I might think Calm Nature could help you more than Bold.

Mega TTar - It doesn't really excel in speed, so a Jolly Nature with Max Speed. It has more Physical bulk than anything, so instead of Max speed do Max Defense with Impish Nature. Plus it as a pretty high special defense stat as well, so you could also try investing some EVs into that as well.

Overall your team is pretty fine. Just a few minor changes can make your team a lot better than what it is right now. As of right now there are no real threats to your team, but you may have to be careful around Electric types because half your team is weak against it. And I know you say that you want to keep Staraptor but I feel a Talonflame can really help your team. Strong physical attacker with Gale wings, guarantees at least one pokemon is going down on the opposing team. It's up to you whether you want to use it though.

I added Fire blast to Garchomp because I wanted it to be mega but you need 1000 flags for it.

I put life orb to Staraptor to DESTROY EVERYTHING but u-turn is better than protect

I'll try to put belly drum on Azumarill. I'm pretty sure no competitive pokemon has unnerve.

I'll breed a calm slowbro

I think I'm gonna replace Tyranitar because I want mega garchomp.

Thanks for helping

I don't think you would want to use Mega Garchomp. I personally find Choice Scarf Garchomp better than Mega Garchomp. Plus this way you won't need to rely on a low accuracy move like Fire Blast. And even if you did want to mega for some reason, Fire Blast would not help you in any way. Iron Head would be my best bet for it.

I think I can agree about the life orb, although it'll just make your Staraptor wear down even faster.

Yea just do belly drum and sitrus berry, and be on the watch in case someone actually does run an unnerve aerodactyl or something

And changing ttar is up to you.

If you want to roll with Staraptor, Staraptor's fine. He's like Santa Claus, before you know anything he'll be in your house and with proper prediction, he can wreck the world; same for Ferrothorn, however with both, I suggest running with what @np2016 said.

I'd definitely ditch Tyranitar in this set. You're using him as a Dragon Dancer, which theoretically should seem sound for gaining extra power, but just isn't typically that great for Tyranitar. His best use is typically as a supported support Pokemon, and his power is just an excellent bonus when supporting a team. I suggest ditching him because your team doesn't support him and he doesn't support your team. Something else could be more valuable in that spot.

For your Garchomp, Fire Blast is fine, but if you're running it, not Jolly, you want a naive or a hasty nature. With either, Garchomp's uninvested S. Atk stat is enough to be very threatening. The typical reason Fire Blast is run on Garchomp is because Swords Dance Scizor is a common revenge counter for Garchomp. Given Scizor and Mega Scizor are probably the biggest threats to your current team, as you don't really have any other checks for them, I would suggest keeping Fire Blast. Garchomp can two hit Scizor with Earthquake, but 0 SpA Garchomp's Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Scizor yields 316-376 damage (112 - 133.3%) and is a guaranteed OHKO. Life Orb is a suggestion for him as a mixed attacker, but I prefer Choice Scarf or Focus Sash. Focus Sash, not because he's in severe danger of being one shot, but because the most common counter for Garchomp is another Garchomp! With Focus Sash he can handle other Garchomp without fear or effort, and in the event that something has Ice Beam, he can tank the hit, and still strike down whatever it was that was dumb enough to attack a Garchomp and think it'd get away. Garchomp is a fear tactic... When it's in play, it's impossible to know what it will do until it's too late; for this purpose, I don't suggest using his mega form. You give your opponent some sense of relief when you mega evolve him; you don't want that, you want your Garchomp to be as scary as possible; don't use his evolution here. Btw, I heart Garchomp, don't you?

Your Slowbro is fine, but I feel there's a better build for him to support your team. As you might have known or noticed from our Gen 1 fights the other night, Slowbro is innately, and always has been, an excellent defensive wall. Stick with Bold or be bold and run a Relaxed nature, with either, he's got a great keep out game for physical attackers like Landorus and Scizor and running Scald makes him play more like a physical breaker than a wall. He also has an excellent potential for special walling; I suggest a using a move to boost his S. Def and dual wall with him, as it may benefit your team, but I won't suggest a build or ev spread, I'll leave that to you to balance and figure out.

And lastly, your Azumarill... I don't like Azumarill very much, so I have an extreme bias when I say this, but Azumarill is a high risk, high reward Pokemon. When in play , he's either going be shot down in an instant, or scratching names off his hit list for a while. Often in considering him, I don't feel that the risk he exposes is worth it, and I always decide that there's a much better choice than Azumarill for whatever team I'm building, so for this purpose, I would suggest ditching him, but again, I suggest this with extreme bias. Just really consider whether such a risky Pokemon is worth a team slot for you.

So with this you have Garchomp, Staraptor, Ferrothorn, and Slowbro. For the last two slots, I would suggest an offensive Volcarona, as fire and bug type both seem like decent offensive types lacking from your set, and any fighting type mega, such as Lopunny or Gallade.

If you want to roll with Staraptor, Staraptor's fine. He's like Santa Claus, before you know anything he'll be in your house and with proper prediction, he can wreck the world; same for Ferrothorn, however with both, I suggest running with what @np2016 said.

I'd definitely ditch Tyranitar in this set. You're using him as a Dragon Dancer, which theoretically should seem sound for gaining extra power, but just isn't typically that great for Tyranitar. His best use is typically as a supported support Pokemon, and his power is just an excellent bonus when supporting a team. I suggest ditching him because your team doesn't support him and he doesn't support your team. Something else could be more valuable in that spot.

For your Garchomp, Fire Blast is fine, but if you're running it, not Jolly, you want a naive or a hasty nature. With either, Garchomp's uninvested S. Atk stat is enough to be very threatening. The typical reason Fire Blast is run on Garchomp is because Swords Dance Scizor is a common revenge counter for Garchomp. Given Scizor and Mega Scizor are probably the biggest threats to your current team, as you don't really have any other checks for them, I would suggest keeping Fire Blast. Garchomp can two hit Scizor with Earthquake, but 0 SpA Garchomp's Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Scizor yields 316-376 damage (112 - 133.3%) and is a guaranteed OHKO. Life Orb is a suggestion for him as a mixed attacker, but I prefer Choice Scarf or Focus Sash. Focus Sash, not because he's in severe danger of being one shot, but because the most common counter for Garchomp is another Garchomp! With Focus Sash he can handle other Garchomp without fear or effort, and in the event that something has Ice Beam, he can tank the hit, and still strike down whatever it was that was dumb enough to attack a Garchomp and think it'd get away. Garchomp is a fear tactic... When it's in play, it's impossible to know what it will do until it's too late; for this purpose, I don't suggest using his mega form. You give your opponent some sense of relief when you mega evolve him; you don't want that, you want your Garchomp to be as scary as possible; don't use his evolution here. Btw, I heart Garchomp, don't you?

Your Slowbro is fine, but I feel there's a better build for him to support your team. As you might have known or noticed from our Gen 1 fights the other night, Slowbro is innately, and always has been, an excellent defensive wall. Stick with Bold or be bold and run a Relaxed nature, with either, he's got a great keep out game for physical attackers like Landorus and Scizor and running Scald makes him play more like a physical breaker than a wall. He also has an excellent potential for special walling; I suggest a using a move to boost his S. Def and dual wall with him, as it may benefit your team, but I won't suggest a build or ev spread, I'll leave that to you to balance and figure out.

And lastly, your Azumarill... I don't like Azumarill very much, so I have an extreme bias when I say this, but Azumarill is a high risk, high reward Pokemon. When in play , he's either going be shot down in an instant, or scratching names off his hit list for a while. Often in considering him, I don't feel that the risk he exposes is worth it, and I always decide that there's a much better choice than Azumarill for whatever team I'm building, so for this purpose, I would suggest ditching him, but again, I suggest this with extreme bias. Just really consider whether such a risky Pokemon is worth a team slot for you.

So with this you have Garchomp, Staraptor, Ferrothorn, and Slowbro. For the last two slots, I would suggest an offensive Volcarona, as fire and bug type both seem like decent offensive types lacking from your set, and any fighting type mega, such as Lopunny or Gallade.
Ok thanks for the suggestion. I'll use lopunnywhen I learn to breed

Reactions: Mr. Kream
You need a little bit extra in the Special Attack department.

Ok I put Iron head on my Garchomp

Garchomp @ Life Orb/Focus Sash/Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
There is no point on using Rocky Helmet in a offensive chomp, any of the 3 Items I suggested is better
4 Def over 4 HP makes you take less damage from Stealth Rocks
As a final note, Jolly + Fire Blast in Garchomp is not always bad, since you are going to kill the stuff that is 4x times weak most of the time anyways, but using Naive gets you a little stronger Fire Blast, so both are viable

Staraptor @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- U-Turn
CB or CS is much better in much more situations than Life Orb, and Staraptor is a Pokémon that hits and run (In the early-mid game) or stays in with the same move until everything stops breathing (late game)
4 Def over 4Hp for Stealth Rocks
If you are running Choice Band, Jolly is a must, but if you are runnig Choice Scarf, you can go with either Adamant or Jolly
There is NO POINT to use Protect in a Offensive Pokemon, you are giving your opponent a free turn, without taking any adavantage, U-Turn is much better

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off/Superpower
Don't use Lefties on Azu
Don't use Normal moves in not-Normal Pokemon
Don't run Max Speed in non-Belly Azu

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
This set is pretty much self explanatory
Stealth Rocks>>Spikes, only use Spikes on your team once you have already Stealth Rocks on your team

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature

- Scald
- Psyshock/Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

You are using a Specially Defensive Slowbro... don't do that, If you want a SpDef Slowbro use Sloking instead

Also you lack of Hazard control, so you could use Defensive Starmie over Slowking
Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock/Ice Beam

(Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature