Real Life Video Game Movies

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Since when are real life movies EVER good? Seriously, is anyone here able to name a legit example of one based off a video game? :p

Since when are real life movies EVER good? Seriously, is anyone here able to name a legit example of one based off a video game? :p

Sillent Hill 2 (the first one is bad, the second one is good) and Resident Evil aren't bad movies.

Ace Attorney japan live action is good as well. Also the one based on Doom (with swarzeneger) is good.

Sillent Hill 2 (the first one is bad, the second one is good) and Resident Evil aren't bad movies.

Ace Attorney japan live action is good as well. Also the one based on Doom (with swarzeneger) is good.
Oh ok. Yeah, I wasn't thinking of those games in particular when I stated my opinion on the matter lol

I wish a Final Fantasy game or all the games in the saga make a real life movie, that would be cool, but it can be only but a dream because the production will cost, you never know :)

You mean live-action game-based films? Then none. I've watched plenty of them and stopped watching half an hour in. Boring as heck. I stuck with House of the Dead for an hour because I love the games, but it's a terrible film. If Uwe Boll had any shame, he'd have hung himself before admitting he'd directed it.

It's quite good series, but I have not watched the 2nd season yet.
Not a video game movie, but a gaming high school series. Perhaps you're already know this :D

Well I haven't seen many movies based on video games, but I did see Tekken on TV recently and it was ok, I think it could have been better:

Well I haven't seen many movies based on video games, but I did see Tekken on TV recently and it was ok, I think it could have been better:
The live-action Tekken film was awful IMO. Raven's actor was the only one they picked right. The rest were terrible and bore no resemblance to their video game counterparts either. Plus the producers and writers had clearly never played the Tekken games. I mean, Jin and Christie never even talked directly to each other in the games for God's sake. :rage:
And what's with the tournament originating and taking place in America instead of Japan? :punch: Inaccuracies, inaccuracies.

Reactions: Reece
LEGO The Movie...?

Weeeeellll...

When I was young I used to play A Series of Unfortunate Events on the Playstation 2...at the time I thought it was alright, but I'm sure by now it would be garbage.

Death Note live action movie, death note is released as a videogame too so I quess it counts :D

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
All of the resident evil movies are decent. I think the first one is the best. They actually managed to make a video game movie without messing it up.

Death Note live action movie, death note is released as a videogame too so I quess it counts :D

Yes! I loved it!!

Max Payne the movie version was very boring to me...then again making a movie about a video based on revenge and has guns will be like every other movie out there.

Let's go ahead an throw the abomination of Mario Brothers in here, I think we all agreed this caused the failure of many game movies and why no one goes to videogames based on movie.

Prince of Persia anyone? What about Mortal Kombat? Also enjoyed the Halo movie they had (not counting the anime one) I loved the scene where Master Chief comes out and just owns everyone! Why wouldn't he

Honestly I would love to see a Zelda movie or an Assassin's Creed movie, like the others they'll find a away to ruin them.

Weeeeellll...

When I was young I used to play A Series of Unfortunate Events on the Playstation 2...at the time I thought it was alright, but I'm sure by now it would be garbage.

Dang I didn't even read the topic when I posted. That movie was good though.

I quite liked the Resident Evil movies when I was younger.

I have not seen any live action ones, but I have seen an anime styled one. It was Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. I loved it when I first saw it and when I pop in the DVD, I get The Song of the Sun/Sea/Stars stuck in my head and I hum along with the main song(the kingdom of ambrosia I think is the name0 Janice's voice actor is absolutely fantastic! I could not recommend that movie enough!

Sonic The Hedgehog. I mean no one here has been posting here and staying current, but if you disagree with my choice I'll gladly wait for someone to come around in the future and post a movie I might never see so the cycle continues. I mean the source material was accurate enough and gave some origins but there was no relation I could see to the locations other than the island and mushroom planet mainly because it was on Earth or animal enslaving but there's more in the making I'm sure.

Back