Record Videos

• Thread starter Scraggy32
  • Start date
Scraggy32

Scraggy32

Scraggy FTW
Towns Folk
If you were to do a Let's play of a Wii U Game, how would you be able to record it on to your computer?

For once, you would need a capture card. They tend to be very expensive but they get the job done. For some games, Nintendo lets you stream it and put it onto you tube like mario maker. A capture card for consoles are like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...shr&tag=wrestgamer-20&creativeASIN=B008YTAGGW. You then plus the wii u from the hdmi port into a computer and then download a software that records the gameplay. That is the basis of it

If you were to do a Let's play of a Wii U Game, how would you be able to record it on to your computer?

Via a capture card. In my case, I'll plan on using my (newly received) Elgato Game Capture HD. It requires 2x HDMI cables (one for input, second for output to TV. PC recording is done via USB and their software), but it's quite complete. You can choose the resolution (up to 1080@30fps or 720@60fps on the HD one, 1080@60fps), and even stream to Twitch apparently (though there's a slight delay, and it's quite expensive, CPU-wise (they do recommend a i7-2xxx at least!)).
And don't worry, the user interface is quite friendly: there's only a bunch of buttons. you'll ever need. Plus, captured footage is shown on your screen (with a delay varying between ~2-5 seconds here)

Also, if you're wondering, the difference between the HD and the HD60 is compatibility. HD = Actual consoles (Any HDMI console with no HDCP stuff) + old consoles (even back to NES era!), HD60 = HDMI consoles only (it seems).

Oh, and seems like you can record your voice as well with the software you can get with the Game Capture HD. I read you can also use your webcam, but, I've yet to find that feature...

Finally, beware of the silly meany Nintendo Creator Program. They seemed to harass quite a lot of Youtubers lately, so, check their whitelist (luckily enough, games like Smash & Pokémon aren't in it!).

Via a capture card. In my case, I'll plan on using my (newly received) Elgato Game Capture HD. It requires 2x HDMI cables (one for input, second for output to TV. PC recording is done via USB and their software), but it's quite complete. You can choose the resolution (up to 1080@30fps or 720@60fps on the HD one, 1080@60fps), and even stream to Twitch apparently (though there's a slight delay, and it's quite expensive, CPU-wise (they do recommend a i7-2xxx at least!)).
And don't worry, the user interface is quite friendly: there's only a bunch of buttons. you'll ever need. Plus, captured footage is shown on your screen (with a delay varying between ~2-5 seconds here)

Also, if you're wondering, the difference between the HD and the HD60 is compatibility. HD = Actual consoles (Any HDMI console with no HDCP stuff) + old consoles (even back to NES era!), HD60 = HDMI consoles only (it seems).

Oh, and seems like you can record your voice as well with the software you can get with the Game Capture HD. I read you can also use your webcam, but, I've yet to find that feature...

Finally, beware of the silly meany Nintendo Creator Program. They seemed to harass quite a lot of Youtubers lately, so, check their whitelist (luckily enough, games like Smash & Pokémon aren't in it!).
Agreed. I like how they are able to make capture cards that are actually not that expensive. The 3ds capture cards cost so damn much, it is literally 240 dollars for it. 240 dollars! So that really is the reason why console gameplay on youtube is much more used, I do recommend you buy one because for 100 dollars, it is a bargain. But if you get no views, it really does not pay off so capture cards really only get it when they get good views.

What's the Nintendo Creators Program?

What's the Nintendo Creators Program?
Another (not so) brilliant idea Nintendo made up in order to get people against them. They must enjoy getting everyone angry lately (another delay for Flipnote in EU, Miitomo looks terrible according to 90% of the media, and this...)

Short & easy explanation: If you do a video on a Nintendo game that is in the whitelist*, they get "all" the rights on your video. They can take up to 30% of the benefits you make on it if you monetize it, or they can simply take it down if they don't like it*². And it covers all of Nintendo's consoles, so, there's no escape.

*Here's the whitelist: https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/whitelist/
Luckily, games like Pokémon or Smash aren't affected by this.

*² An example ? Well, apparently, some guy who used to play Super Mario World rom hacks got around 90% of its channel deleted.

In a few words, Nintendoes what other don't (lame pun). Even stupid ideas (because they couldn't stick with the fact that videos of Nintendo games = free advertising).

Another (not so) brilliant idea Nintendo made up in order to get people against them. They must enjoy getting everyone angry lately (another delay for Flipnote in EU, Miitomo looks terrible according to 90% of the media, and this...)

Short & easy explanation: If you do a video on a Nintendo game that is in the whitelist*, they get "all" the rights on your video. They can take up to 30% of the benefits you make on it if you monetize it, or they can simply take it down if they don't like it*². And it covers all of Nintendo's consoles, so, there's no escape.

*Here's the whitelist: https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/whitelist/
Luckily, games like Pokémon or Smash aren't affected by this.

*² An example ? Well, apparently, some guy who used to play Super Mario World rom hacks got around 90% of its channel deleted.

In a few words, Nintendoes what other don't (lame pun). Even stupid ideas (because they couldn't stick with the fact that videos of Nintendo games = free advertising).

Any video examples?

Any video examples?
About people who got their channels flipped upside down by Ninty ? I need to find the source back, but just google "Nintendo Creator Program" and you should (probably) find what you're searching for.

Back