Redbox has stopped renting games.

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
As of December 10th Redbox has stopped allowing its users to rent games from its machines, but is now offering major discounts for games still left inside the machine to purchase.

Will you miss renting games from redbox? Have you ever rented a game from redbox?

never even heard of Redbox.. renting from machines sounds like a cool idea though. Is Redbox at any particular place?

Reactions: AricAttack
never even heard of Redbox.. renting from machines sounds like a cool idea though. Is Redbox at any particular place?
They’re usually at Walgreens and Walmart, and your general stores in the us.

Renting games is a really good idea tbh. I guess the closest there is now though since all rental places are pretty much gone (at least in the UK and US) is second hand. Buy a game, play it, sell it. Not quite the same, but the same idea I guess.

I think Redbox closing more reflects on how shopping and such has mainly moved over to digital. Blockbuster was the same dealio, excellent idea, but everything turned digital..

Wait, seriously? I think the only time we've ever rented from Redbox was The Lorax (the Illumination one), but that was a while ago so I don't remember it that well. Otherwise, Redbox hasn't really been a thing I've used. Pretty sad they're closing, though. Same fate as Blockbuster.

Redbox is still a big player, but they are shifting to more digital with the new "Free Live TV" which is really just Pluto TV. Also, they added the new thing of being able to buy discs now, so that's something.

Redbox is still a big player, but they are shifting to more digital with the new "Free Live TV" which is really just Pluto TV. Also, they added the new thing of being able to buy discs now, so that's something.
You’ve always been able to buy discs :/

You’ve always been able to buy discs :/
I've only ever been able to rent discs... OK then.

Back