Reggie Fils-Aime is retiring.

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
As most of you know, Reggie is loved among the whole nintendo community. He's been President of Nintendo of America for 15 years. Today however, he's announced his retirement. In April he will hand over the controller to Doug Bowser, the senior vice president of sales and marketing.

Reggie released a video thanking the fans on twitter: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1098666321473024000

I don't think anyone can match the levels of Reggie however, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next. Reggie was a true nintendo fan, he was often spotted at events talking to fans, or just playing on his own 3ds etc. That is someone who deserves the title of President of NoA, and his legacy of all the amazing things he did in the past 15 years will continue for many more years to come.

Reactions: AricAttack, EnderLord, Starry Windy and 3 others
As most of you know, Reggie is loved among the whole nintendo community. He's been President of Nintendo of America for 15 years. Today however, he's announced his retirement. In April he will hand over the controller to Doug Bowser, the senior vice president of sales and marketing.

Reggie released a video thanking the fans on twitter: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1098666321473024000

I don't think anyone can match the levels of Reggie however, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next. Reggie was a true nintendo fan, he was often spotted at events talking to fans, or just playing on his own 3ds etc. That is someone who deserves the title of President of NoA, and his legacy of all the amazing things he did in the past 15 years will continue for many more years to come.
Oh man, you beat me to it. :hilarious: But yeah, I heard about that as well! :eek: I'm really shocked, he's been here for so long, y'know? ..It's a bit sad, but I'm happy he'll be able to spend some time with his family. :)

Doug Bowser, tho... Not gonna lie, his name alone was enough to make me chuckle, lol. :p He seems like a pretty nice guy, though. I wonder what kind of things will he have in store for us? I'm hoping he does a great job!

WHAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you actually serious? How did I not hear about this yet? D: That really sucks, I always liked Reggie. Nice guy, and had a likeable personality. Guess we’ll never see Reggie give us Mother 3. ;~;

WHAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you actually serious? How did I not hear about this yet? D: That really sucks, I always liked Reggie. Nice guy, and had a likeable personality. Guess we’ll never see Reggie give us Mother 3. ;~;

It was only just announced hours ago, news is still spreading. And considering a couple other things just happened in the gaming community, not suprisednews isn't spreading as fast.

But yeah, Reggie was a good guy, but the time had to come at some point. At least he's left in good health and on his own terms. That's the main thing.

Reactions: Samster
Reggie has been doing a lot for Nintendo and their fans alike, so for him to retire at the high note, he has created many memorable moments for every Nintendo fans to think about. And I hope Doug Bowser will do a great job as the next President of Nintendo of America, too.

I loved Reggie and will forever miss him :(.

I hope Doug Bowser is as good as him. He seems excited to take the position, and Nintendo is a good state right now.

I had so much fun watching him various times from his quote "I feel just like a Purple Pikmin" at E3 to his Nintendo Direct appearances and a reference in Smash 3DS to facing HBox. It's inspiring seeing people do what they like and making a living from it. I hope we get more memories like that with the new experienced guy.

He was great at his job, and he will surely be missed. He was basically an icon for Nintendo, up there with the likes of Miyamoto, Iwata, Sakurai, and others. Hopefully Bowser does a great job and he could rise up to the ranks of Reggie, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Duffy and 28142
Noooooooo!!! Not Reggie!

His body has had enough
Also, I fully welcome our koopa overlord

Reactions: Jisenku
I think that reggie is a great person for nintendo America, bit to see him retire is heart breaking for many fans. Ever since he walked up on stage for the E3 event in 2004 he was a new experience for nintendo. He improved nintendo in so many ways, such as presenting the ds, wii, 3ds, wii u and switch. But I bet that his body will always be ready.

OH MY GOD.
are you serius??

i didnt know this...
awwww! man, he was very good at his job.. he made alot of people smile and laugh.. he had a good sence of humor, and loved what he did for a living.
im really gonna misd him, i hope we get updates on how he is doing/how is he enjoying and spending his ritirement.

never heard of this 'bowser' person..
but it seems he might already bit fit for nintendo as his name is one of video games most popular/known villans. >XD
i wonder what his previous jobs were, if it way anything videogame related, after all, he will need experience! :D
anyway if nintedo trusts him for the job, then i guess i should too.

but reggie tho.. :C

Reactions: Jisenku
Now that he's retiring bowser will have to take the role of being asked to localize mother 3 for all eternity lol. I will forever miss reggie though. ;_;

Back