SSB for Wii U Regular Tourneys Service Ending for Super Smash Bros. Wii U

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I haven't really used or heard much about this, but apparently Nintendo is ending the "regular tourneys" service for the Super Smash Bros. game for Wii U consoles.

It will be put to an end on September 30th, 2016.

Players who used the service will see a blank spot after the date mentioned above.

The good news is, only Nintendo's tourney service will be put to an end. You will still be able to organize your own tourneys which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Discuss~

I haven't really used or heard much about this, but apparently Nintendo is ending the "regular tourneys" service for the Super Smash Bros. game for Wii U consoles.

It will be put to an end on September 30th, 2016.

Players who used the service will see a blank spot after the date mentioned above.

The good news is, only Nintendo's tourney service will be put to an end. You will still be able to organize your own tourneys which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Discuss~
No one really liked using tourney miss anyways, and it was a big disappointment anyways. I say good riddance

Huh, why so soon? I wonder. Seemed like there were always active players in the mode. I can see why people were upset with Tourney mode, but it's still really great as is imo. It won't faze me too much, but I did like playing Regular Tourneys at times.

Huh, why so soon? I wonder. Seemed like there were always active players in the mode. I can see why people were upset with Tourney mode, but it's still really great as is imo. It won't faze me too much, but I did like playing Regular Tourneys at times.
Maybe an off line tournament mode that actually worked would be nice

Reactions: Robyn and 423
Maybe an off line tournament mode that actually worked would be nice
Shoutouts to Brawl

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Shoutouts to Melee^
I've seen some pretty bad things coming from tourney mode. Just watch any of StylesX2 tourney mode videos and you can see what I'm talking about. Basically because the match you played was too long you are out of the tourney. The only positive I could see out of this is that the ruleset stays the same if you wanted to use this mode with friends. It's not like tourney mode benefited Nintendo servers in any other way besides publicity when it was added.

Back