resident evil's new 'hard' mode problems (re5-re3 remake)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
im pretty sure a lot of resident evil players on switch and playstation and/ or pc and xbox know about the new hard modes that capcom's been giving us. i dont have anything against adding new difficulty levels but how about less OHKO's for change? this imo is just making a stupid hard (as in cheap and lazy) and it pretty much makes no damage runs of the entire game mandatory since its one strike and youre out

like what happened to just adding in some extra enemies and making a more proper increase in damage instead of just capping the base damage altogether? at least then you can get hit just not more than a few times (better than one shot though) which is what revelations1 did. im pretty sure you couldnt get hit by anything more than 3 times before you died (with minimal exceptions, not counting the run of the mill instant death attack though for this entire post). that was still hard but not something that became very quickly too repetitive and aggravating as far as the death count goes (me and someone else attempted Re5 on pro and we had over 200 combined deaths not even at chapter 4 because every attack kills you instantly... very bad).

tbh it even seems bad in re3 remake which i didnt play but have seen a good amount of. if you dont use the defense coins every attack kills you,and with save points being even more spread out on inferno, this has rage maker written all over it. the spread out typewriters? thats ok. spread out typewriters AND all one hit KOs? not so much =/ i was watching someone who was actually pretty skilled but he died so many times just because of too much stuff attacking him and already ugly damage from enemies. the part where you had to be carlos, he died at least 15 times to a hallway filled with zombies, nemesis parasite people and like 5 lickers in one big corridor... ridiculous. the other problem was he had to unlock the door and every time he went to open the door either the zombie would grab him or the licker would stun lock him helpless resulting in a death (this is one genuinely bad thing in the remake and it makes inferno and nightmare almost impossible). and when he did get the zombie off the licker was just like screw that and he died anyway because theyre too fast and there were way too many enemies to begin with that he didnt have the resources to fight, he needed the ammo for the horde fight at the end and some other stuff like hunters and couldnt fight these because of it. the other room he died a bunch in there were too many zombies, at least half with a nemesis parasite and another half of normal but stupidly durable ones ALL of this in such narrow hallways and very sealed off rooms where he couldnt dodge because of tight space and enemy clutter,why capcom??

for resident evil 5&6 the hordes are the enders... get bomb sniped or arrow picked and bam youre dead... what happened to making it legit hard capcom? why so many instant kills? it makes it that chainsaws dont even matter because when you get hit by a grab or normally weak attack youre dead anyway. what is this cheap nonsense? i want a real hard mode not OHKO suck trash difficulty =P

Back