Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure: Second Part?

• Thread starter EnchantedCat
  • Start date

What do you think about continuation of Rhythm Thief?

• Nah, that's not really necessary...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
EnchantedCat

EnchantedCat

The Real Senpai
Towns Folk
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure is a game which I played about 3 years ago when it released. I was really excited about this game and I really looked forward to playing the second part, but the second part never released :cry: (what the hell, why does this sound so sad?) Anyways, I was so often told that there would be a second part, so do you think there is still a chance that a continuation of Rhythm Thief will be released?

screengrab_480.jpg

Actually the story hasn't even ended yet, right? Does anyone know a similar game to Rhythm Thief that is also recommendable?

UPDATE: Sorry, I know that the poll question is grammatically wrong, my English isn't the best :bag:

I would love for another game to come out for the series. However I don't think it sold that great so I doubt we will see the ending which is a real shame as it's one of my favorite 3DS games. Sega doesn't seem interested in bringing titles such like this anymore. They are focusing on games that are guarantees sellers . I know they ported it to the iphone , but it has some differences, I think that will be the last we will see of this franchise .

I remember when I first got my 3ds, I didn't have any games for it for a while, but I downloaded the rhythm thief demo and was soooo hooked! Sadly, it's not a common game, and that makes it very hard to find (unless you download it, which I hate to do for full retail games -.-). I doubt it will be continued, Sega has been having some financial issues recently, and even their usual big name games like Sonic haven't been doing well as of late

I haven't finished the game yet as of this post,and I'm really liking it so far,just for notice that I haven't made 100% of the story yet.As far as to this game's sequel,the closest thing resembling that is a mobile game named Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper,but from the description of it,it has the same plot as the Emperor's Treasure's story.It would be really awesome if Sega decided to release another new instalment to this hidden gem in the 3DS library,but it seems like it will be just there alongside other forgotten SEGA games,like Jet Set Radio and Nights,which is a bit depressing,honestly. :(
Oh well,we can always hope for it to happen,and maybe this will get more attention as the years come by,but I'm not sure.I will hope for that to happen until then. :writing:

Back