Ride-able pokémon

• Thread starter GaiusK
  • Start date
GaiusK

GaiusK

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I've wondering about this for a while. What do you guys think are the requirements for a Pokémon to be ride-able? (besides size and being quadruped).
Since I saw this, I've been dying to ride a stoutland, but it may be too small. :oops:

I wish I could have ride a Rapidash or an Arcanine that would be awesome, we'll just got to wait and see what Pokemon are ride able in X/Y.

For me both of them are a must, specially arcanine.

I've wondering about this for a while. What do you guys think are the requirements for a Pokémon to be ride-able? (besides size and being quadruped).
Since I saw this, I've been dying to ride a stoutland, but it may be too small. :oops:
I've seen the trainer ride a Rhydon in a review video, probably the one by IGN but I'm not sure you'll have to check it out xD
You can't ride Rapidash without burning your.... dash:sneaky:

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and Reece
I've seen the trainer ride a Rhydon in a review video, probably the one by IGN but I'm not sure you'll have to check it out xD
You can't ride Rapidash without burning your.... dash:sneaky:
lol :p
Yeah. I've seen it. I read on bulbagarden just now that it's a rent-a-pokémon service. I hope it's not, really want to ride my own Pokémon anytime, anywhere. The rhydon was in a cave, so no: it's not the time to use that!
Gogoat, its pre-evolution and rhydon are the only ones shown until now, I think.

It be cool if you can actually ride on pokemon but that pokemon could fly so you could be flying.
Back to tpic maybe you can ride a legendary like in Pokemon Ranger.

Well, now we know that you can't ride Pokemon except in certain missions. :p Unless of course you're Surfing with a Lapras, there are no Rideables for an anytime luxury!

Well, now we know that you can't ride Pokemon except in certain missions. :p Unless of course you're Surfing with a Lapras, there are no Rideables for an anytime luxury!

Using fly is faster anyways... :D

Reactions: Reece
Sadly the only ridable pokemon in the game pokemon x and y are Ryhorn lol , Piloswine or something and the last one is the grass type pokemon which i cant remember but it would be just so cool if you could ride any pokemon any where just like a bicycle :D and sad that there is no cycling road ahh ...

Sadly the only ridable pokemon in the game pokemon x and y are Ryhorn lol , Piloswine or something and the last one is the grass type pokemon which i cant remember but it would be just so cool if you could ride any pokemon any where just like a bicycle :D and sad that there is no cycling road ahh ...
Really, I thought most large Pokemon were ride-able, oh well, I rather use the awesome roller skates, but I still like the idea that you could have ride Pokemon, maybe in the next game, it will be updated to be better.

Really, I thought most large Pokemon were ride-able, oh well, I rather use the awesome roller skates, but I still like the idea that you could have ride Pokemon, maybe in the next game, it will be updated to be better.
no, there's only a select few rideable pokemon in the game. Gogoat is rideable in Lumiose city I believe but there are a select few other pokemon that are rideable in the wild.

But yeah, they were adding so much to this game it's no surprise that this feature was a bit limited. Next game we may be able to expect more

no, there's only a select few rideable pokemon in the game. Gogoat is rideable in Lumiose city I believe but there are a select few other pokemon that are ridea ble in the wild.

But yeah, they were adding so much to this game it's no surprise that this feature was a bit limited. Next game we may be able to expect more
Yup, since it was the first game to have this Ride-Able feature, I would say that they did a great job at it, and thanks for giving me more info about which Pokemon can be ride-able.

Yup, since it was the first game to have this Ride-Able feature, I would say that they did a great job at it, and thanks for giving me more info about which Pokemon can be ride-able.
Well the only annoying part of riding the pokemon ryhorn just to get to the glittering cave because it's very slow , I hope they could make it move faster in the next game :p

They should give the option to ride Doduo/Dodrio in a future game (if they haven't already that is). I mean, Pokemon Ranger games have riding on them as a field ability, so there's no reason they shouldn't do the same in the main series

Yes it would be a cool option, but we already have it for pokemon X and Y, but that is just for missions. If we could ride it anywhere we want it would be cool like a TM called Ride... Maybe in Gen 7?

Yes it would be a cool option, but we already have it for pokemon X and Y, but that is just for missions. If we could ride it anywhere we want it would be cool like a TM called Ride... Maybe in Gen 7?
That'd honestly be a waste. In any case, I couldn't see it being a useful move in competitive play at all (or as a move if anything...). If anything they should just expand on the mechanic somehow

i wish they would allow you to ride legendaries
or let them walk behind you like in pokemon HG and SS

i wish they would allow you to ride legendaries
or let them walk behind you like in pokemon HG and SS
That's bound to happen in due time (the latter) with the 3D models I bet. I bet they'll end up expanding on the ride mechanic at some point for sure, but not until future gens if anything

I was actually wondering what happened to this "feature". It was pretty well advertised that you'd be able to ride Pokemon to help bypass terrain features. However, this feature only saw use three times- once with a Rhyhorn, then with a Skiddo, and finally with a Mamoswine. It was disappointing to say the least.

Back