Ultimate Ridley Vs ... CHROM

• Thread starter d3s3rd3agl3
  • Start date
D

d3s3rd3agl3

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
he guys as a beginner to this i promise u i never new that i had so much potential with this game when i first played was in 2010 when i was a kid but then watching youtube videos on counter and combos

I just spent the better part of three hours labbing Ridley. Sour nair has some interesting combo potential. The best I did was:

RAR SH nair >fast fall into d tilt > quick dash SH into fair > jumping fair (second fair only possible if off stage with enough momentum)

The timing and spacing required to get the fast fall into d tilt is tricky. You can practice by fast falling into f tilt, since it true combos if done correctly. The f tilt variant can be useful at shoving people off stage if you sweet spot it, so it can be useful if you don’t have the space to work with d tilt. The dash jump into fair is necessary to give Ridley enough momentum to connect with the second fair offstage. You land on the ground from the first fair before you can jump again if not carried off stage. Can also be executed from a full hop nair if fast falling and hitting with the sour spot (and spacing turns out right of course).

Both of these work through to at least 37% on Chrom. Didn’t rigorously test all that many percents. Just focused on the muscle memory and consistency mostly.

Another one is:

d throw > dash into u tilt > u tilt > uair/nair

Works on Chrom 20% at the earliest I’m pretty sure. Will drop off as % increases. Can do one u tilt to avoid risk of dropping combo, but does a good 40% if all hits connect.

Lastly, and I’m not sure this is a true combo, but I’ve got this one:

D tilt > dash grab into d throw > quick dash SH into fair > jumping fair

Again, that second fair only possibly if off stage with enough momentum. Can also sub out the fair strings for the previous u tilt followup.

None of this tested for DI however, so results will vary in actual use.

Edit:
Fun thing to play around with: for Chrom and Ike’s recoveries (Or others that apply), if they don’t sweet spot the edge and pop up above it, or if they are going to land on the stage, you can punish with Ridley’s down b. It’s tricky, but it could be a great tool in his kit for whiffed recoveries.

Dude the Plasma Breath is always the safest option against a swordy and it works well when Chrom is forced to use Up B to recover depending on your playstyle. Gimping offstage is also a good option with nair or fair because he has multiple jumps and a decent upward recovery but scout for the suicide Up B from Chrom. At higher percentages it's easier to juggle with Up Tilt/Air and I think Up throw can combo into Uair but I'm not sure if you can air dodge out of it. Dtilt to Fair is a fairly easy combo to use too. Chrom's only landing options are counter and Dair so yeah juggling is a good option.

exactly was thinking that but I always going for combos for more damage whats ur favorite character

Back