Roblox on Switch?

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
Roblox is pretty popular, and many people play it. I play with my younger brothers and my nephew, and tbh it has some really entertaining games! I played it on my Xbox, but that is far from the best version to play it on, as it isn't as updated as PC and IOS devices. Anyways, i was wondering, why hasn't Roblox been added to the Switch yet? It would be perfect for it, and i know that it already has a mobile port for on the go, but imo, it would be fantastic to have it on the Switch. It would definitely add a vast variety of games to the Switch as well! What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Mizunil
If nintendo took down a game which had a dev console/code editor because of hacking concerns, I'd laugh if they added roblox.

The fact that roblox isn't already on the switch when it's on basically every other platform (including mobile so, not much excuse there), means that there's a reason why.

Reactions: Mizunil and phofufury
There seems to be no plan it add it for now :/

But it would be pretty cool (and surprising) if they did add it, I wouldn't complain!

Reactions: phofufury
I doubt it'll be on switch. I just think it's super unlikely since it's been years since the switch released and it hasn't seemed like there was much demand for it. Like you said it's on almost every other platform which means almost everyone who owns a switch also owns something else to play the game on already...

Reactions: phofufury, Mizunil and 28142
Apparently you need to be logged in to view this, mind quoting any notable parts from it please?
Sure. Most post were just in support or repeating earlier posts so I skipped them.

Original Poster said this.
Will Roblox ever be on Nintendo Switch Platforms?

If so When?

If not why?

(Sorry if this is in wrong category, this is My first post)

One mention getting acess to the site via Switch, who then provides a video tutorial from Sharkblox, a Roblox youtuber with 677k Subs.

Another person said this
As much as I’d love to be able to play Roblox on my Switch, it’s unlikely to be any time soon (if at all). Roblox was released on the Xbox about 5 years ago and it still hasn’t made it to any other consoles (although Wii U was a potential candidate, if you look at the CoreScripts, but that could have also just been to confuse us).

I’d honestly probably play Roblox more if it was available on the Switch.

The first person who finally mentioned the possible deal made with Roblox and Microsoft.
I’d love to see Roblox on the Nintendo Switch, but I don’t think it is happening.
2 main reasons why:

1. I believe Microsoft made a deal with Roblox that they can’t port over to any other consoles as a trade for Roblox on Xbox and some sort of Microsoft promotional partnership probably. This is also why Roblox isn’t on PlayStation, despite a Sony/PlayStation Executive being on Roblox’s board of directors, David and Erik (the people who founded Roblox), selling a dyno-studio system to Sony which got them to work on Roblox, and even in the old Twitch streams stating that they would be getting partnered with PlayStation.
  2. Nintendo has tried to sue Roblox directly, for those games like the Pokemon Brick Battle games that kept popping up, Nintendo was trying to sure Roblox directly, despite them not creating it and only airing it publicly (which is why Roblox holds developers accountable for copyright now).
For those who don't know, Pokemon Brick Bronze (They are inculding the other ones as well by replacing Bronze with Brick, but Brick Bronze was the most popular) was a basically a pokemon game. It was the most popular game on the site til Nintendo took it down (Which even if it wasn't, Adopt Me (Which is high quality as well but appeals to a smaller audience) would of most likely still take that crown years later anyway). The devs did went on to create a different game after which has 1k concurrent players last I checked.

Here's another point.
20210115_155005.jpg

Person 1 quoted a earlier response about the Roblox/Microsoft deal.
Person 2 said
If that’s the case, why is Roblox on Apple?
Person 1 responded with
the apple release was before the deal
Person 3 came in and said
This is talking for Console only, computers are fine
That's the end of that.

A response from Person 4.
probably not.

Roblox and Microsoft have always been great partners and actually share technology blueprints and stuff like that. Roblox and Microsoft have also signed a massive deal regarding technology and money movement between companies, allowing Roblox to upgrade their hardware, and allowing Microsoft to gain more users and make them pay for Xbox Live Gold. The entire operation is based on money. without Xbox Live Gold, you cannot play Roblox on Xbox. Microsoft earns at least $60 a year per person who uses Gold.

This question is also valid for Sony and their PS5/PS4.

Sony actually does not want Roblox on their platform because of the backlash that the console version gets. They want their reputation to be better than Microsoft.

To conclude, the game probably wont be on Nintendo, manly because nintendo users dont need to pay to play the game. A deal would not work. It would cripple on Nintendo’s side, because as more users log on, more power is needed to run servers, cooling, data transfer, etc. The more data passing through those little yellow cords, the more power needed to move it along. Its kinda like having rice or some food stuck in your throat.
Person 5 corrected Person 4's post a little bit later.
They do need to pay. The Switch has a subscription called Switch Online which costs a pretty fair £18 a year (which is nowhere near a waste of money Xbox Live is) and any online games have to make users buy Switch Online in order to play it.

This is referring to UGC. Person 0 had said two other sentences, but they were directed to someone else and add nothing to this thread right here.
In terms of Roblox ever appearing on other consoles, I think it is highly unlikely. The problem isn’t hardware, but more about company policy on user generated content. Sony has a strong reputation for not allowing UGC that either has not been directly approved by Sony, or content that wasn’t made using in-game tools on the console (like the game Dreams).

Nintendo’s policy of UGC and 3rd party game support on their store has improved a lot in the past decade, but it still is very outdated. Nintendo still doesn’t allow most of their games to be uploaded on YouTube or Twitch, and they also have a very strict policy on game emulation (even older titles that are no longer supported). Considering Roblox is a highly social platform built around UGC, I highly doubt we will ever see Roblox on the Switch.

That's it. You can look in the thread in the pervious post if you want, provided it's not deleted after this post.
20210115_155830.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: phofufury and 28142
"Nintendo still doesn’t allow most of their games to be uploaded on YouTube or Twitch" Actually this is outdated, that got scrapped a couple years back. The only content that really gets removed now is stuff that shines it in a bad light, or highlights exploits/bugs.

Also forgot about the copyright stuff, yeah makes sense. Brick bronze was a decent game tbh, didn't realise it was taken down.

• Informative
Reactions: phofufury and Agentperson
Sure. Most post were just in support or repeating earlier posts so I skipped them.

Original Poster said this.

One mention getting acess to the site via Switch, who then provides a video tutorial from Sharkblox, a Roblox youtuber with 677k Subs.

Another person said this

The first person who finally mentioned the possible deal made with Roblox and Microsoft.

For those who don't know, Pokemon Brick Bronze (They are inculding the other ones as well by replacing Bronze with Brick, but Brick Bronze was the most popular) was a basically a pokemon game. It was the most popular game on the site til Nintendo took it down (Which even if it wasn't, Adopt Me (Which is high quality as well but appeals to a smaller audience) would of most likely still take that crown years later anyway). The devs did went on to create a different game after which has 1k concurrent players last I checked.

Here's another point.
View attachment 21436

Person 1 quoted a earlier response about the Roblox/Microsoft deal.
Person 2 said

Person 1 responded with

Person 3 came in and said

That's the end of that.

A response from Person 4.

Person 5 corrected Person 4's post a little bit later.

This is referring to UGC. Person 0 had said two other sentences, but they were directed to someone else and add nothing to this thread right here.

That's it. You can look in the thread in the pervious post if you want, provided it's not deleted after this post.
View attachment 21438
makes sense. ig there is a lot of copyright stuff on roblox, but honestly, it absolutely sucks on Xbox! it seems like a lot of the devs don't care for the console versions. i didnt know about that deal tho, roblox being an exclusive for xbox, but that makes sense why it isnt on PS as well.

it would be funny to see roblox on switch.
for th e people on youtube who play switch more could make videos on it.
quite fond of this game despite not playing it due to the OOF meme.
i think this game would be a nice fit on the switch if nintendo given clearance for this game to be on their sysytem.

Roblox could do well on switch ngl. Just make it not run on nso and you can attract alot of players.

indeed if this game can be free to play without rewuire the switch it will draw in a ton of players.
i too would play it on switch , i have not played it before.
i did not know roblox existed until a few years ago when i got curious about the oof meme and look into it.
riblox is a charming game and one can be creative in it , that it one of its strongsuits i am aware of despite not having played it yet.

Back