XBox Rock Band is alive!

• Thread starter Warbird
  • Start date
Warbird

Warbird

The Snow Bird
Towns Folk
So I'm not sure how big the rhythm gaming community is here (I imagine it hardly exists at all), but I have been a huge fan of rhythm gaming since Guitar Hero 1, 2, and 80's for the Playstation 2, and now it has evolved all the way through Rock Band 3 and Rocksmith. Rhythm gaming practically died 2 years ago, with American Pie by Don McClean being the last song to officially be released for Rock Band...

But now it's back.

About a month or two ago, 3 new DLC songs were released for Rock Band:

• Shepherd of Fire - Avenged Sevenfold
  • R U Mine? - Arctic Monkeys
  • Something from Nothing - Foo Fighters

Now, it's back AGAIN. Just recently, even more DLC has arrived on the Rock Band store, including:

• Rise of the Fenix - Tenacious D
  • Back to the Shack - Weezer
While these aren't exactly my favorite songs/bands, I love that songs are being released again, and I think this signals the future of rhythm gaming, with Rock Band 4. What does everyone else think about the revival of rhythm gaming?

• Shepherd of Fire - Avenged Sevenfold
  • Something from Nothing - Foo Fighters
Rock Band is alive :D
If only there hadn't been so many alt/pop-rock songs on Unplugged.

I lusted after Guitar Hero III and even got a demo for it when I bought a Tony Hawk game, but didn't get to play it, so I'm a Rock Band person :cat:

I think it's awesome that a half-decade old game is still alive if only sparingly. There needs to be a 3DS rock rhythm game :panda:

Reactions: Warbird
Back