RMT / Team Help Role Playing Delphox in Doubles

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I don't think anyone remembers this one time I tried doing this but if anyone wants to see what I had originally planned, you can check that out here

But anyways, what I want to do is make a Doubles Team which stars Delphox using Role Play :p

Core:
delphox-4.gif

Delphox @Life Orb
Blaze/Magician
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Spe.
-Overheat
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam

serperior.gif

Serperior @Leftovers
Contrary
Timid Nature
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power Rock
-Substitute

The main thing I want going here is Delphox to Role Play Contrary from Serperior, then I can have Delphox throw Overheat and Serperior do Leaf Storm side by side. I find this Core so neat because Delphox can cover a lot of Serperior's Weaknesses such as Ice, Poison, and Bug, and Serperior does the same against Delphox's Weakness to Water Types.

Now I need some Pokemon that can help out these two. What weaknesses remain? Let's see, if someone came in with a Timid Chandelure, that could be a problem for both of these, so my answer to that is:

vaporeon-2.gif

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm Nature
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Wish
-Protect

Let's see. I have their weaknesses pretty much covered and now what I want is something glamorous, something which can pack a punch, deemed the "Death By Glamour".

gallade-3.gif

Gallade @Galladite
Justified
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Spe.
-Close Combat
-Poison Jab
-Psycho Cut
-Swords Dance

This thing comes by to pull an MTT Brand late game sweep (I am Undertale trash I know). This is a last resort in case my Delphox and Serperior go down.

What do you think so far? Any adjustments you can think of? And what should my last 2 pokemon be for the team? I wanna look for something that can further support the core by using Stealth Rocks or Tailwind. If you think of anything please share ^^

Reactions: PalD2
delphox-4.gif

Delphox @Life Orb
Blaze/Magician
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Spe.
-Overheat
-Flamethrower
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam

A Role Play Delphox without Role Play lol

This looks like a fun gimmick to mess around with, but the main problem with these type of gimmicks (Like the Skill Swap Spinda) like this is that you give a free turn to your opponent, this ussualy isn't a big deal in singles, but in doubles, you are giving 2 Pokémon a free turn, which becomes a HUGE lose of momentum, and in a metagame like doubles where everything is fast and super offensive, that can cost you the game

A second thing I can notice here is that you have no Pokémon with protect other than Vaporeon, now this is huge.
Protect is literally the best move in Doubles, specially in this team, since you are boosting a lot, the opponent may want to double focus in one of your Pokémon, so Protect can be a great advantage in this team.

Anywyas, lets forget about the technical stuff and lets have some fun with this team

victini.gif
>
delphox.png

Victini @ Leftovers
Jolly / Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Role Play
- Protect

If you are going to use Role Play, (I'm assuming is Doubles OU) use it with Victini

This thing is Contrary Delphox in steroids, gets bulkier AND faster in each hit, you don't get your moves hitting stronger, but V-create alrady OHKOs pretty much everythin in its path

serperior.gif

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Ground
- Protect

HP Ground hits stuff like Hetaran that walls Victini, protect is protect

Now, lets check the rest

azumarill.gif
>
vaporeon.png

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Azumarill completes the F/W/G of the team, is much less passive than Vaporeon. and its ability to check stuff that gives the other two problems is amazing!!

gallade-2.gif

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Gallade can check mons that give trouble to the 3 above (like Mega Kangaskhan), Inner focus is quite cool too

bisharp.gif

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

This thing synergizes really well with your team, punishing opposing Intimidate.
There is going to be a lot of situations that you are going to want to lead with
gallade.png
+
bisharp.png
, thanks to how great the core is

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Lando-T, nuff said

Also, is not necessary to use Stealth Rocks, ig makes you lose a moveslot and a turn with a Pokémon, in some specific teams can be used, but overall in doubles in not something to worry about

victini.gif
>
delphox.png

Victini @ Leftovers
Jolly / Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Role Play
- Protect

If you are going to use Role Play, (I'm assuming is Doubles OU) use it with Victini

This thing is Contrary Delphox in steroids, gets bulkier AND faster in each hit, you don't get your moves hitting stronger, but V-create alrady OHKOs pretty much everythin in its path

That sounds like a really smart idea. I think Victini would love Contrary more than Delphox, thanks to the signature move V Create. I'm actually down for this change.

azumarill.gif
>
vaporeon.png

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Azumarill completes the F/W/G of the team, is much less passive than Vaporeon. and its ability to check stuff that gives the other two problems is amazing!!
Uhh can Azumarill even learn 2 of those moves?? XP. I get what set you meant to go for, I use Physical Azumarill for doubles as well. And yea I think having a good FWG trio on a team could help with the coverage situation.

I think I agree with the changes you proposed, but I just have a problem getting the right Nature and IVs on Pokemon like Victini and Lando-T who are unbreedable >.<
I really wanted to do a gimmicky team and this was something I thought Delphox with Contrary and Overheat would be something pretty hilarious to see on the battlefield xD. But Victini takes that to a whole other level, so I wanna go with that

Reactions: Zukrad
That sounds like a really smart idea. I think Victini would love Contrary more than Delphox, thanks to the signature move V Create. I'm actually down for this change.

Uhh can Azumarill even learn 2 of those moves?? XP. I get what set you meant to go for, I use Physical Azumarill for doubles as well. And yea I think having a good FWG trio on a team could help with the coverage situation.

I think I agree with the changes you proposed, but I just have a problem getting the right Nature and IVs on Pokemon like Victini and Lando-T who are unbreedable >.<
I really wanted to do a gimmicky team and this was something I thought Delphox with Contrary and Overheat would be something pretty hilarious to see on the battlefield xD. But Victini takes that to a whole other level, so I wanna go with that

lol It was a Keldeo when I was rating, but I changed it to Azu to do better with Gallade lol

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Back