Rosalina and Luma's Moveset in Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U & 3DS)

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

In this weeks issue of Famitsu, there's been a full "overview" on Rosalina and Luma's Moveset in Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U & 3DS), this is the translated text of the their moveset.

main.png
  • -Neutral Special: Luma Shot – fires Luma forward in front of her, charge to increase power and distance traveled
  • -Side Special: Star Bits – Luma shoots out three star bits directly in front of him/herself, low-power short-range projectile, recommended to try hitting the opponent with all three to maximize potential damage
  • -Down Special: Gravitational Pull – draws items and projectiles toward her, makes it easy to hoard items, projectiles will hit opponents
  • -Custom Down 1: Catch & Release – draws opponents close then blows them away, unable to pull in items
  • -Custom Down 2: Guardian Luma – Luma grows large for a moment to defend Rosalina, Luma is normally small and easily launched
  • -Up Special: Launch Star – flings herself diagonally upward, does no damage but is helpful when recovering
  • -Final Smash: Power Star – releases a star above her head that grows large and begins firing shooting stars in all directions, Rosalina is still able to move around and attack for the duration of the move
Let me know what you think, there isn't anything new that we haven't seen already, but it's good that there's some insight on the moves. I'm personally looking forward to her Gravitational Pull (Down Special) move!

Reactions: Magitroopa
So her up and down specials aren't able to do damage however they could be very useful (especially her recovery which will make it really hard to get her off a stage unless you jump off the stage and attack/spike her and then recover however that would make it easy for Rosalina to do the same). Her Luma seems like it's hard to control and get to the opponent however it can be useful by forcing the opponent to attack from the other side of Rosalina or get close to her for attacks. I'm not sure if the gravitational pull move will enable her to avoid enemy projectiles or ensure that she will get hit by them.

I wonder how her final smash will look in all of its glory. Since she'll be able to move around while it is going on, it will probably won't deal too much damage. However, it will deal enough to allow Rosalina to get a couple KOs. It seems like this smash will actually require skill to make use of instead of just insta-kiling everyone.

• -Down Special: Gravitational Pull – draws items and projectiles toward her, makes it easy to hoard items, projectiles will hit opponents
  • I'm personally looking forward to her Gravitational Pull (Down Special) move!
Here's more info on Gravitational Pull from Sakurai's SSB4 Pic of the Day on January 27, 2014 (I wrote that card, thank you very much. :D)
iFv2tg2.jpg

Back