Rosalina

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

rosalina-and-luma-join-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds-640x325.jpg

Ya'll are probably wondering, why is this thread title- Rosalina? Well, ever since Super Mario Galaxy, this "Guardian of the Universe" has been in nearly ALL the Mario games: Mario Kart Wii-7-8-Arcade GX, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Party, Mario Golf World Tour, and pretty soon in Super Smash Bros. (Wii U and 3DS). So I think it's pretty safe to say, she's a huge part of the Mario franchise now.

Now, for those who have no clue who this woman is:
"Rosalina is a fictional character in the Mario franchise by Nintendo. She debuted in Super Mario Galaxy, where she acted as a major non-player character who resides in the Comet Observatory, the game's hub world. She is the adoptive mother of the Lumas, a fictional species in the game, and also watcher of the cosmos. In the game's storyline, the Comet Observatory was attacked by Bowser, leaving her stranded in space without a source of power. In return for Mario's help in collecting Power Stars and repowering the Observatory, Rosalina agrees to help Mario rescue Princess Peach, whom Bowser had kidnapped."

SSB4_Rosalina_Artwork_(alt).png

I love Rosalina, I think her design is perfect, and she fits this franchise SO WELL! Before, I didn't really like the princesses in the Mario franchise, but I think she changed the entire franchise (for me). From Peach being a helpless mistress in distress, to Rosalina, the Guardian of the Lumas-says something and because I love this character so much, I'll be maining her in Super Smash Bros.

I really want to know, what's your take on this character, does she fit the Mario franchise, what you think of her personal appearance, anything. Just let me know! I'm excited to see your reception on her. :woot:

I think the light-blue fit's her character a lot. I think of it as a way of saying she is strong and courageous like the light blue star that powers the sanctuary. I do agree that peach is honestly helpless, aside from Mario party, and daisy isn't used enough to be considered a main character, in my opinion. I wish that in super mario galaxy 2 she could have been used as a playable character, aside from being the "super guide" when help is needed.

Yea, I don't know a whole lot about her (well now I do after reading your thread ;3) I've never actually played super Mario galaxy before! I know, pathetic right? :/ maybe I should hurry up and jumpminto that series... Still, I think its safe to estimate, that rosalina fits her character perfectly in every way!

Rosalina is awesome! She's like a powered up awesome super peach. I would personally love seeing her in a standalone game (an RPG for some reason seems very fitting with her) but I can't see Nintendo taking the risk of making a game with her. Still maybe with smash her popularity will go up and she might get one. Let's hope for the best

I gotta say that Rosalina is my all time favorite character. I love using her in Mario Kart 8 and her smash attacks are just so graceful and mysterious. She's just so mysterious and I love that she's a mother like figure to the lumas. They do share some things in common. I feel bad for Rosalina for losing her mother because she became broken and sad.

I think that all in all, Rosalina is a pretty interesting addition to the Mario franchise. She has some neat powers, is a killer smash character, and has a space station for goodness's sakes! What's not to like about that? Also, I really like that Game Theory video that you have up there. I think that MatPat did a particularly good job dissecting that one...

Back