RP Talk from P2.0

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Well,I'm just here to just talk about RPs,not really...do one. .-. RPs I think is one way to escape into a fantasy life where you can just frolic and imagine whatever you want. :3 Or joke about something you've seen before,like I've done before,lol. XD Sometimes it's about interacting in Game World( What we call where every game character lives,lol),visiting an alternate universe,or even coming in contact with an anime character(Sometimes tweaked to be a friend's relative! :eek: ).Yes,I never get tired of seeing where I can go to next,or what I can do.Evil is afoot,and a hero is summoned to protect the world,even if it's not your own! :D

I've been roleplaying for about 2 years, and most of my prior experience comes from FanFiction.Net

There was a School RPG. The owner disappeared and so it was basically a free for all. But everyone there minded the few rules there were (it was really lenient. It was basically just no godmodding and no "mature" themes) and so it was actually pretty fun. I basically ripped off every Vocaloid character in the book, as well as the Tokyo Mew Mew crew and Dangan Ronpa girls. 11 year old me was too lazy to make her own characters :p
There were all sorts of adventures, ranging from boarding school drama to pyromaniacs,shapeshifters,and the master of space and time, to fighting a mythical creature in Atlantis, to getting trapped in the Megaman world and Pokémon enounters. Yea, it was crazy but fun.
Sadly that was where my Internet life ended for about a year due to finding out one of my roleplay buddies was actually a pedophile, but that's not the point of my story so no discussing that please.

After that I could never find a roleplay as enjoyable to me as that one. Not even the roleplays here or Monochrome Academy. I've tried to replicate it to no avail. All I have left is the memories that seem ever so vivid but were only the writing of a handful of people with nothing to do but roam the interwebs. Yea, that was the life of 11 (& 12) year old me.

Last edited:
Reactions: P2.0
there only a few people i truly enjoy rping with on this site. they know who they are. i don't like people that go over bored with stuff.

@Rin :That School RPG sounds pretty cool! :D And when I was younger,DBZ was what we modeled our characters after,lol. XD Still do,and it's like everything just stops,and the adventure comes to life. (Also,sorry that experience messed up your Rp,I won't go into it. ) The concept of our RPs is mainly adventuring to other worlds,or saving ours.We throw in some comedy relief too,that's one of our favorites when watching anime,lol! XD Let's see,and I guess some romance,but bleh. Xp Get back to the action,quick! @Shippo :I think I see what you mean.With their powers,right? On Miiverse just a while ago,I changed my Mii to look like a vampire,and drew vampire me on my posts.Now I rarely don't roleplay on there because the people are kinda....Strange. .-. But when I do,it's fighting.That way,nothing weird happens,which I sadly let happen to me once when I thought I was gonna let some girl teach me how to Rp better.. ;-; *Shudders* Anyhoo,this girl,or rather two of them were Vampire Fans,and every time I made a post,they'd comment stuff on it,trying to make me go into romance,which made me gag irl.. .-.
But the thing is,she took the Rp way too seriously,and guess what? Posted saying I was being mean... -.- When I roleplay,I become my characters,no matter who they are.And I'm just playing around,I don't mean any of it,sheesh! :eek:

with powers or they hog the rp. to me a roleplay is shared story between all characters. the other issue i have is people dont read the character sheets even when told to.

@Shippo :I hear ya.Sometimes I hear about that when I see some people's post.It's like,why even invite if you're gonna make it impossible to win against someone,or you don't acknowledge someone's there? That's one reason I don't RP most of the time. .-.

I started a Kingdom Roleplay, and Shippo helped me out. It was pretty much an open to all roleplay but people gave themselves OP powers, which ruined the fun for the four of us (@Rin @Shippo @CdbSora @Reece ) who were actually trying to develop a story. We asked them to stop, and got ignored most the time. I guess we were all thinking the same thing, that the others were ruining the fun. So I decided to close it. That's one of the biggest problems in the roleplay fandom.

There's also been a lot of free for all roleplays popping up around here, but I know that they won't end well, via experience. There is a difference between Free Roam, and Free For All. Free Roam is basically a do your own thing kind of roleplay, but with some guidelines still in place, even if it's just the basic roleplay ettiquite. Most Free For All roleplays don't have enough guidelines set in stone to keep things running smoothly, which will eventually lead into a trainwreck, no matter how good the beginning seems to be. Sometimes it gets bad because of conflict like godmodding, and sometimes it gets bad because everything goes haywire, and everyone is left confused and lost on what to do next.

And then there's that sort of "chat speak" roleplay that I do on DeviantArt and Smule from time to time, which isn't really the same as actual roleplaying. It's mostly just "choose a character and interact". There's not really any set plot or objective, and you type like this: Rin: Hi! *waves* Which can be fun but just isn't as immersing as the roleplays we're talking about here.

@Rin :I get what you mean.One thing I can't understand is why try to make yourself op ALL THE TIME? That doesn't make it fun,just boring :/ And when they don't listen when you try to explain the rules,now that's just rude... -.- I've never experienced the roleplay you mentioned,but I've had someone try to make my character do stuff I didn't say,which I found...controlling... That's another reason I don't RP with others much besides my bros.As for the confusion types,I haven't been in the type,but it sounds like it'll pinch your brain awful hard,lol. XD I could share one,but it's just silly though. :p

@Rin :I get what you mean.One thing I can't understand is why try to make yourself op ALL THE TIME? That doesn't make it fun,just boring :/ And when they don't listen when you try to explain the rules,now that's just rude... -.- I've never experienced the roleplay you mentioned,but I've had someone try to make my character do stuff I didn't say,which I found...controlling... That's another reason I don't RP with others much besides my bros.As for the confusion types,I haven't been in the type,but it sounds like it'll pinch your brain awful hard,lol. XD I could share one,but it's just silly though. :p
god modding cough*

@Shippo :godmodding... -.- I hope I never run into one,lol.I'll just stick to drawings. :D

Back