[Rumor] New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U coming to Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Just a rumor so take it with a pinch of salt, but if it is true, we might see the Wii U game New Super Mario Bros. U and the DLC, New Super Luigi U, on the Nintendo Switch :eek:
comicbook.com said:
New Super Mario Bros. U, the most recent installment in Nintendo’s 2D platformer series, could be making its way to Nintendo Switch if recent rumors are any indication. If the rumors are to bear fruit, it would join a growing catalogue of Wii U games to receive updated releases on the Switch, like Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker and Mario Kart 8.
Source: https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/08/16/new-super-mario-bros-nintendo-switch/

Deep down I know they are going to price it as the origianal price tags (game + DLC), but I'm hoping it's a bit cheaper since they are just ports >.> but that's wishful thinking because Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad did not get price reductions when they received Switch versions :eyes2:

What are your thoughts? :redpanda:

Reactions: Samster and Dark Link
This was my first ever Wii U Game because it came as a bundle but it was a lot of fun because of the challenges the story getting 100% and the dlc was awesome too, so being able to play it again on the switch would be awesome :D

so being able to play it again on the switch would be awesome :D
If I had played it on the Wii U, I would definitely skip it on the Switch :p

Reactions: AricAttack
If I had played it on the Wii U, I would definitely skip it on the Switch :p
Why do you like skipping Wii U ports ;~;

Why do you like skipping Wii U ports ;~;
I don't really enjoy games as much as I did when playing 'em for the first time unless there is a decent time interval between them. Like how it's been years since I've played Super Mario Bros. 3 and might not remember everything about it.

Reactions: Samster and AricAttack
I don't really enjoy games as much as I did when playing 'em for the first time unless there is a decent time interval between them. Like how it's been years since I've played Super Mario Bros. 3 and might not remember everything about it.
fine that’s fair I guess

Exactly how I feel.

That would be pretty cool. I never played New Super Mario Bros U or New Super Luigi Bros U so I might get it IF the rumors are true and IF I get a switch. How would it be any different from the originals on the Wii U though? Probably more levels or something.

I bet it would come! Nintendo enjoys Mario 2D games, so why wouldn't they put it on the Switch? I imagine the graphics would be better if ported to Switch, and definitely extra levels.

I bet it would come! Nintendo enjoys Mario 2D games, so why wouldn't they put it on the Switch? I imagine the graphics would be better if ported to Switch, and definitely extra levels.
Yeah, if this is true, it better not be a direct port. I want to see something new and worth buying the game again for.

Yeah, if this is true, it better not be a direct port. I want to see something new and worth buying the game again for.

It'll be in a smaller cartridge that tastes bad, instead of a disk... is that worth buying it?

I'm sure they'll add something new, maybe online multiplayer instead of local multiplayer (but that could open gates for trolls!)

Reactions: Samster
It'll be in a smaller cartridge that tastes bad, instead of a disk... is that worth buying it?
Would you rather take a disc with you?

blarg, a port

I really think a completely new NSMB game should come into play with a bunch of new features to play around with, not like "BAM. COINS" or "BAM YOSHIS". Maybe multiplayer adjustments where each player won't collide with each other.

blarg, a port

I really think a completely new NSMB game should come into play with a bunch of new features to play around with, not like "BAM. COINS" or "BAM YOSHIS". Maybe multiplayer adjustments where each player won't collide with each other.

What is a BAM COIN or a BAM YOSHI? They sound explosive... :p

New features definitely would be cool. Maybe a new power-up? Or maybe some other new mechanic that Nintendo is planning? We just have to wait and see if even NSBMU is coming to Switch! The player assist to spawn blocks was cool to help other players reach high spots!!

It wouldn't be called New Super Mario Bros. U though... maybe New Super Mario Bros. Switch or Mario Bros. X? Or something..... (that sounds stupid)

Last edited:
What is a BAM COIN or a BAM YOSHI? They sound explosive... :p

New features definitely would be cool. Maybe a new power-up? Or maybe some other new mechanic that Nintendo is planning? We just have to wait and see if even NSBMU is coming to Switch! The player assist to spawn blocks was cool to help other players reach high spots!!

It wouldn't be called New Super Mario Bros. U though... maybe New Super Mario Bros. Switch or Mario Bros. X? Or something..... (that sounds stupid)

Yeah, I think there will be more features added. Maybe a new power-up! We will have to wait and see if New Super Mario/Luigi Bros U are even coming to the Switch! It may just be another false rumor. It probably won't be called New Super Mario Bros U, or New Super Mario Bros. Switch, or New Super Mario Bros. X. I'd say probably either Newer Super Mario Bros U or New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe. We'll just have to wait and see! :D

well, the article doesn't provide any sources as far as I can see, so I will take this as a "Probably the writer needed to get some clicks and pulled out a >rumor about a switch release"

Yeah, I will take this with a grain of salt, tho if it gets released, I hope they at least put both Mario U and Luigi as a single game price pls

well, the article doesn't provide any sources as far as I can see, so I will take this as a "Probably the writer needed to get some clicks and pulled out a >rumor about a switch release"

Yeah, I will take this with a grain of salt, tho if it gets released, I hope they at least put both Mario U and Luigi as a single game price pls

They do enjoy their clickbait for the AD REVENUE!!!

If they do release it, knowing Nintendo, they'll put them as separate, you know, for more money. :p

Look what they do with Pokemon - add version exclusives to make you buy both versions / encourage trading.

Look what they do with Pokemon - add version exclusives to make you buy both versions / encourage trading.

I mean, the purpose of this is completely different. The point is that you get one version and trade with other people to fill the dex. If you buy both version, YOU are killing the fun

It would be more comparable to what they did with Sun and Ultra Sun

Yes I agree. The point of version exclusives is so you and your friends trade them over to each other. It encourages trading. Ultra Sun and Moon's version differences included Day/Night changes, and more things. If you buy both versions to trade, you ARE killing the fun, in some sort of way.

I still haven’t bought luigi U. Im a terrible luigi fan.
I also don’t have doc luigi.
Who needs the year of luigi?
I also think dark moon isn’t as good as the first.

Back