Rumor: Smaller Switch console to release this Fall

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Can't really imagine a smaller Switch console tbh :redpanda:

I know we're going to get a new Switch model sooner or later, but I wasn't expecting it to be "smaller". There is a new rumor going around that Nintendo will release a new Switch console that's smaller this Fall.
Japanese outlet Nikkei is throwing its hat into the ring with the latest speculation. If the site is to be believed, a smaller and lower-priced version of the Switch will launch this fall. This model will mainly focus on portability, but it can also be connected to a television via a dock.
Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/rumo...sion-will-release-this-fall-new-console-talk/

What do you think? Believable?

Reactions: P2.0 and Samster
The Switch is already pretty small...I wonder if this new model will be phone sized now. Probably. Although this rumour might not be true, so, I'll take this with a grain of salt.

If it is, I'm saving for it. :p A less expensive Switch, plus the possibility to play multiplayer games you'd need a second one for is exciting. \o/

The rumour I heard was that there were going to be two sizes, pretty much the way the 3DS operates. An XL version and a smaller version with the joycons remaining in the console. So basically a version to be more akin to portable and a console that you can still dock and will be slightly more potent than the current model.

To be honest, they all sound like wishful thinking to me, so I am waiting until Nintendo confirms this kind of thing before getting carried away.

As if the switch wasn’t small enough already...

To be honest, the regular switch isn’t all that expensive. I’m not sure how a downsized version will work. Will the graphics be reduced (720p hd perhaps)? The processor will likely be not as powerful so we might sense lag. Overall, I’m actually curious as to how it will look and function. :eyes2:

If it was to be the truth, I'd imagine a smaller console would be thought to cover the spot left by the 3DS, so I'd assume they'd make it thinking in smaller hands and able to resist a more rough use. As for how much reduced it'd be, that sure would be interesting. Being able to carry a pocket switch for people who travel a lot and don't have time to play at home might be attractive, but there is only so much you could reduce that screen and the resolution before the UI in many of the games stop being legible, haha.

Unfortunately, we won't be seeing a Nintendo Switch Mini at E3 this year, which is quite a bummer.
Rumors and concepts have been going around for quite some time now, here are a few of them I found on Bing.
Nintendo_Switch_Mini_design.jpg.optimal_1200x675.jpg
switch-mini-colors-640x640.png
nintendo-switch-mini-clamshell-fanart-apr182019.jpg
th
Fingers crossed that if they make one, they'll release it before Christmas.

The Switch is already pretty small...I wonder if this new model will be phone sized now. Probably. Although this rumour might not be true, so, I'll take this with a grain of salt.
It really isn't... It ain't pocketable for one thing, and the screen is big enough that I'd call it a small tablet.

A smartphone sized screen, making the bezels narrower, and not having any joy cons would make the switch pocketable and actually portable. It would also be cheaper too, which is a plus.

Back