Ultimate [Rumor] Sora could have been in Smash Bros. Ultimate

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
One of the latest rumors I've heard on the Internet is how Sora could have been a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate playable character, but Disney didn't let it again. He would have been perfect addition IMO and it's not like there are no Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo consoles.

Look at Dream Drop Distance for example. Then again, maybe it would have made people have hope in a Switch version of a Kingdom Hearts game :redpanda:

Do you think the rumor is true and how would you feel about Sora being a playable character in the game?

Reactions: P2.0
It's not true, the base of it is from an interview with Khan and it's all just speculation. The conversation goes like:

"Do you think nintendo approached disney"
"Yes at least once"

Then he continued talking about his theory. He was talking with confidence though, but at all times "I think" is used, It was all just speculation. The media has just spun it out of control and it's turned into well, this.

Sora would probably be a good addition though imo, but that'd require kingdom hearts being a not so much playstation mostly exclusive lol.

Reactions: P2.0
Past me probably would've retched at the idea because everyone kept blasting it in my face and wouldn't leave me alone. xD

Now that I've had a minute to explore it a bit myself, I don't think I would mind it as much as I would have back then. Especially since there's so many sword wielders in Smash now. It'd be interesting to see.

On the other hand, I bet Disney would try to wrap its slimey fingers around Smash and/or Nintendo to make it their own. .-. That's something I hope NEVER happens. ;-;

Reactions: Samster and 28142
One of the latest rumors I've heard on the Internet is how Sora could have been a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate playable character, but Disney didn't let it again. He would have been perfect addition IMO and it's not like there are no Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo consoles.

Look at Dream Drop Distance for example. Then again, maybe it would have made people have hope in a Switch version of a Kingdom Hearts game :redpanda:

Do you think the rumor is true and how would you feel about Sora being a playable character in the game?
ofc Disney would aprove tho pog

I mean every Kingdom Hearts game is connected and all the ones that aren't numbered aside from BBS are on Nintendo handhelds (COM, Re:Coded, 365/2, DDD) so it's not completely out there. It's just you gotta have that evidence you know.

Sora is in SSF2 (Smash Fan Game) and it's okay that he stays there.

imo Sora is basically Pit but under a different owner they could pass as the same character if they fought alongside each other.

as far i know that "leaker" isnt very trustworthy
i think one time he said that a fire emblem remake in the 3ds was canceled and was mario & luigi bowser inside story´s remake "fault"

as far i know that "leaker" isnt very trustworthy
i think one time he said that a fire emblem remake in the 3ds was canceled and was mario & luigi bowser inside story´s remake "fault"

Wasn't a leaker, was just news sites taking a conversation of pure speculations out of context lol

As someone who has played almost all of the KH games, I think it would be a bit weird seeing Sora in a Smash game. I guess it would be the same reason why it would have been weird to think that Cloud would make it in.

Sora's game would probably be the weird cousin compared to the other games, especially since, well, he would be the first Disney character to make it into the game. Plus, I think Sora would be more used to fighting in scenes or areas that are way bigger than what Smash would have, and to see him go from flashing Reaction commands to face off against towering enemies to beating up people around his height on a smaller stage than usual would be strange. I mean, I know that there have been fights like those in the games, but those were reserved for either plot related fights (such as against Riku) or incredibly difficult fights (such as Sephiroth or the data matches).

All in all, while Sora could probably thrive in there, it'd be weird to see him do so.

I HOPE to god he actually gets in i want him so bad.

Back