Rune Factory 5 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We've talked about Rune Factory 5 in several other threads but we don't have a dedicated thread for the game yet, so I'm making one.

Rune Factory 5 drastically improves the graphics from what we've seen in the previous games (especially Rune Factory 4 Special on the Nintendo Switch). The game is set to release in Japan on May 20th, 2021. North America and Europe will likely follow.

Rune Factory 5 Trailer:

New Clip:

About the game:
Set off on a grand adventure in a fantasy world with the latest entry in the Rune Factory simulation RPG series. After losing their memory, the hero lands in a small town blessed by nature. There, they are recruited into a band of peacekeeping rangers, and their new life begins. In addition to their normal duties, the hero can farm the land, cast a line into the nearby river, and so much more! Team up with townsfolk to battle monsters and unleash powerful combination attacks—just one of the features new to the series. The stage is set, and the curtain rises on an exciting new adventure in Rune Factory 5!
The intro seems similar to Rune Factory 4 :redpanda:

What are you hoping for in the game and what do you think so far from what you've seen?

Reactions: Deepak
"After losing their memory, the hero lands in a small town blessed by nature."

All I can say is please can we have a new RPG trope, please. This line alone already made me disinterested in the story. Anmesia is a damn easy plot device to use when you can't be asked to create backstory or too much depth.

Reactions: Marc
honestly, im kinda lost lol. I don't play a lot of JRPG's.....but if i were to play this one, would i have to play the other 4? also, why are there so many sequels? i get it's a franchise, but after a while it seems like it can become a money grab, or pointless..

Reactions: 28142
HOLY CRAP THE GRAPHICS LOOK SOOOOO MUCH BETTER THEN Rune Factory 4! I'm excited for this. Excited to put wayyyy to many hours into this.

also, why are there so many sequels? i get it's a franchise, but after a while it seems like it can become a money grab, or pointless..
Mario and a bunch of other games say "hi".

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury
Back