Rune Factory: Frontier

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hello, fans of the HM series! :D What? That's not what it says on the title? But it's kinda like it, right? Actually, Rune Factory IS like Harvest Moon, except you can battle on it. :sneaky: So, I'ma get right down to it. The first game from the Rune Factory series I played was indeed Frontier. From what I've studied on it, it's a continuation from the first Rune Factory on DS. (Heard that game's hard. >.< ) Anyways, the story goes like this: Raguna is looking for his friend Mist, who suddenly left after the battle which took place RF1. As you look on more of the story, well, I won't say. ;) You'll have to buy it/look it up yourself. No spoilers!

The mechanics are like Harvest Moon. Plant things, get cash. Chop wood, upgrade your house. Buuuuut, there's a catch. See, Runeys are floating around the land when you first start out, but they go pretty quick. Runeys help make the land much more richer, so if there's no Runeys, your crops aren't worth much. :( But luckily, you can find a Harvester. Where? Not telling, look it up. XD

Also, there's no animals for you to buy to make milk,eggs,etc. They've been replaced by monsters. Yup. Monsters. Which you have to befriend. ._." By brushing them, and hoping they don't defeat you before it's been done. If you pull it off, you can take it home, and name it! :D But you better have fodder, or they won't produce anything. ;-; You have to make them like you first before you get anything, which could take days... But! If your bring certain monster's friendship up, you can have them help you farm and weed, and harvest, AND water for you! :) Not bad, huh? Plus, you can ride a few too, or ask them to walk with you, and help in battle!

Battling on RF is essential for you to progress through the story. You have to level up to be able to use stronger weapons, where stronger armor, accessories, and even befriend stronger monsters! You'll have to take care of duties before you actually battle. I mean, who wants to come back after a long battle, only to have to farm??? D:

Also, like HM you can marry, and even have a child. :D But the process is a bit more complicated... You have to fulfill certain conditions that happen on certain dates. And instead of a blue feather, you need a marriage bouquet. And YOU have to make it, so better get all the right things. :hilarious:

So, do you wanna give this game a shot? ^-^

Hello, fans of the HM series! :D What? That's not what it says on the title? But it's kinda like it, right? Actually, Rune Factory IS like Harvest Moon, except you can battle on it. :sneaky: So, I'ma get right down to it. The first game from the Rune Factory series I played was indeed Frontier. From what I've studied on it, it's a continuation from the first Rune Factory on DS. (Heard that game's hard. >.< ) Anyways, the story goes like this: Raguna is looking for his friend Mist, who suddenly left after the battle which took place RF1. As you look on more of the story, well, I won't say. ;) You'll have to buy it/look it up yourself. No spoilers!

The mechanics are like Harvest Moon. Plant things, get cash. Chop wood, upgrade your house. Buuuuut, there's a catch. See, Runeys are floating around the land when you first start out, but they go pretty quick. Runeys help make the land much more richer, so if there's no Runeys, your crops aren't worth much. :( But luckily, you can find a Harvester. Where? Not telling, look it up. XD

Also, there's no animals for you to buy to make milk,eggs,etc. They've been replaced by monsters. Yup. Monsters. Which you have to befriend. ._." By brushing them, and hoping they don't defeat you before it's been done. If you pull it off, you can take it home, and name it! :D But you better have fodder, or they won't produce anything. ;-; You have to make them like you first before you get anything, which could take days... But! If your bring certain monster's friendship up, you can have them help you farm and weed, and harvest, AND water for you! :) Not bad, huh? Plus, you can ride a few too, or ask them to walk with you, and help in battle!

Battling on RF is essential for you to progress through the story. You have to level up to be able to use stronger weapons, where stronger armor, accessories, and even befriend stronger monsters! You'll have to take care of duties before you actually battle. I mean, who wants to come back after a long battle, only to have to farm??? D:

Also, like HM you can marry, and even have a child. :D But the process is a bit more complicated... You have to fulfill certain conditions that happen on certain dates. And instead of a blue feather, you need a marriage bouquet. And YOU have to make it, so better get all the right things. :hilarious:

So, do you wanna give this game a shot? ^-^
I saw marry and have a child. I wat it neow. This game seems like it would be fun to pass the time by.

Reactions: P2.0
I saw marry and have a child. I wat it neow. This game seems like it would be fun to pass the time by.
Trust me, it will. XD But remember! There's certain steps you have to do when you wanna marry, and they're a bit more...advanced than your normal Harvest Moon. ;-; But hey, I think you'll do great! I say go for it! :D. And best of luck to you!

Back