Saddest death/farewell?

• Thread starter Skyshaymin
  • Start date
Skyshaymin

Skyshaymin

Pokemon Champion/Kitty Lover
Towns Folk
Say a death/farewell from a video game (any game, does not have to be 3ds) that you thought was really sad. PLEASE put your answer in a spoiler with the game's name on it, for obvious reasons.

Mine are
Grovyle... ;-; anyone who has played probably agrees

Claus, amazing final boss, amazing plot twist, really sad ending

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time: I actually cried when my cyndaquil character was erased from existence.
Any Animal Crossing game: When your favorite villager moves out :(
Pokemon Black/White: When N leaves. 'Nuff said. (He comes back in B2/W2.)
Pokemon XY: When they show Floette's coffin, the fact that the ultimate weapon absorbed pokemon's life force to charge it, Lysandre (supposedly) dying...etc.
Tomodachi Life: When 2 miis break up or get into a fight and they don't make up.

Any Animal Crossing game: When your favorite villager moves out :(
Tru Dat

Yea N was awesome.

But his name... Natural Harmonia Gropius...

Ghestis is a horrible fake dad

Any mystery dungeon game....

I know Time and Sky had me holding back tears when Grovyle left and it was worst when we left our partner. Even Super Mystery Dungeon was depressing!

I would have to add Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life. After you pass away everyone (who somehow out lives you even though you were way younger) is talking all the great times they had with your character...as sad music plays.

The old Nintendogs when you're donating a dog. Since the game used face recognition when you rotated the dog it would look away and avoid eye contact with you.

And Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days anyone? I felt horrible....

The saddest death... Huh... I would have to say
defiantly clay terrain, because despite the fact that you never meet him in person, the impact his death has on Apollo is devastating, he goes from happy go lucky to completely on the floor sobbing, its just so sad, not to mention he was his best friend and everything

Explorers of Time/Darkness is a popular choice... I agree it had TWO characters die/leave in the main story. Not to mention special episodes in Sky...

Armaldo :c

You said it doesn't have to be a 3ds or wiiu game, right? In that case, I'll go with Zack Fair in Final Fantasy IV: Crisis Core. I usually don't cry when someone dies because I'm like 'meh, whatever', but this one, this one hit me so hard, I was trying not to cry but I did. I broke apart while I was watching it and I cried two or three days later because of that ending. I'm still sad when I remember it.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
You said it doesn't have to be a 3ds or wiiu game, right? In that case, I'll go with Zack Fair in Final Fantasy IV: Crisis Core. I usually don't cry when someone dies because I'm like 'meh, whatever', but this one, this one hit me so hard, I was trying not to cry but I did. I broke apart while I was watching it and I cried two or three days later because of that ending. I'm still sad when I remember it.
#thanksforspoilingcrisiscoreformeyouunculturedswine

Explorers of Time/Darkness is a popular choice... I agree it had TWO characters die/leave in the main story. Not to mention special episodes in Sky...

Armaldo :c
Like phoenix wright armaldo?

Like phoenix wright armaldo?
No? I didn't know there was a Phoenix Wright Armaldo. I meant the Pokemon.

Also guys if yours spoils anything please put it in a spoiler. Just in case someone wants to play it blindly.

Also guys if yours spoils anything please put it in a spoiler. Just in case someone wants to play it blindly.
Looking at you @Liva_Rules

Sorry, it was late after midnight and I forgot to put it under spoilers :sorry:
Its okay just teasing

Lol

I found the exalt's death, Emmeryn, really really sad in this videogame. To be honest, I almost cried when it happened, and the soundtrack for that moment was so sad too. It's been a game that's got into my feelings.

tumblr_ml3oirdsyN1r2bie2o1_500.gif

Well, I have to spoil half of the story with this but still...

The game starts when you save a girl's life, and it turns it's Chloe, she used to be your your best friend before you moved out then came back. So you get to be friends again, especially since she is looking for another one of her friends, who is missing and whom she spent a lot of time with since her father died and you were gone.

Since you can time travel, at some point you get to the point when her father was about to leave the house just before dying, and you undo that. And when you get back to the present, Chloe is paralyzed after a car accident and only has days to live before she dies. After you spent one day with her, she tells you that day was the best day in her life and she wants it to be her last memory, so you can just unplug her (more like "put the level of medicine to the highest", but same idea). First sad death.

Of course, you don't like that so after basically killing her, you undo what you've undone and you get back to the timeline where her father is dead and she is alive and in good health. But after some more adventures (basically figuring out what happened to her other friend), it turns out that death really wants Chloe since you saved her several times, and there is a tornado that is going to wipe your town. So your only solution to save the town is to get back in time to the first time when you saved Chloe, at the beginning of the game, and let her die, so she never knows all you've done. From her point of view, her father died, her other friend disappeared and she doesn't know what happened to her, and you were gone and never came back. Second sad death, the worst one. That's exactly my theme on my New 3DS, if you recognized it, Chloe and you looking at the tornado and figuring out what's to be done.

The worst thing is that these are choices, you don't have to kill Chloe. You can refuse to unplug her or/and to save the town. But you know you have to. You can't let her suffer and you can't let a whole town die.

Like in the other thread, no death has really made me sad... farewells, they're often a little emotional, especially at the end of the game. Actually, I've come to absolutely love those kinds of endings.

Seeing how far you've come. All those you've met along the way. After all this, after all you've been through, you come up against the villain who's forced your hand to come up against them. All your hands. Together, through all your distances, you share this goal and fight against them, ultimately, for the last time. Then what? Your task completed, you all set out your separate ways, to achieve your own goals in life.

This final farewell is what captures the beauty in games most of all. Seeing all you've been through and the culmination of your trails and tribulations, parting ways at last, it's something really beautiful. They'll all be gone, but never forgotten. Nor will your memories. After all this, all your time together will live on in your hearts and minds, all the memories you created - together.

Back