Scare me

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Post any scary stuff you know about. Scary places, unsolved mysteries, creepy websites, etc. etc.

Fiction is okay but real stuff is more entertaining.

Make sure it's actually scary and not some godawful Five Nights at Freddy's fan blog.

I'll begin.

During the Vietnam War there was a campaign to scare Vietnamese soldiers at night by broadcasting 'ghost tapes,' recordings of people from the afterlife with lots of distortion and creepy sounds added. This lovely tape is of a dead soldier wanting to go back to his family but being 'in Hell:'

Reactions: 28142
You may have heard of this one already, it's not really spooky, just a lil' creepy and bit interesting. There's honestly very few scary/creepy things that I know of that's suitable to post here :panda:

ig03paywozoy.jpg

Meet Robert, the doll that inspired Chucky and the Child's Play films.

Chucky is a one of a kind doll that was once owned by a Florida painter named Robert Eugene Otto. Eugene was supposedly given this doll by an abused female servant who was well versed in voodoo. Legends suggest that she cursed the doll to get back at the family, but it was young Eugene who'd end up having the most trouble with it.

Like Chucky, Robert could supposedly talk. Eugene's parents could often here Eugene talking to someone in his room, but then hear a completely different voice respond back. Engine believed that Robert was the cause of anything bad that happened around the house and would often blame him.

Multiple reports of the doll moving, laughing, knocking things over are scattered throughout Eugene's child and adulthood.

Today, the doll sits in a musium after being passed down from Eugene to another holder who had the same misfortunes happen to her. People comment that the doll blinks, or sits differently and gives off an uneasy aura when you look at it.

Reactions: 18
Real or fake, this is hilarious.

It's the idea of ghost-cars that kinda spooks me, but until I've met one I can laugh at videos like these.

upload_2017-4-18_20-53-56.png

This made me think of that. While it might not be as scary as a horror movie it is still pretty darn scary

Here's another that most people might have heard of.

"This man" is a myth that spread around the internet (and the real life world) for quite a while after a patient of a New York psychiatrist drew a picture of a man that she said has been appearing in her dreams. On several occasions he has given her advice but she's never seen him before IRL. The psychiatrist kept the picture on his desk for a few days, until another one of his patients recognised the man in the drawing as someone from his own dreams. In a few months after that, 4 addional patients recognised the man in the drawing as people they've seen in their dreams. None of those people knew each other.

thisman_small.jpg
< This is "This man".

Since 2006 to about 2015 (from what I get get from different sites) over 2000 people have claimed to see this man, all of whom are scattered across the globe.

There's many theories to this, some more credible then others.

Archetype Theory:

This theory is that this face is something that your subconscious that arises during times of hardship.

Daytime Recognition Theory:

Normally, we don't remember the faces we see in our dreams if it's just casual. So, when the person is awake, their mind forms an image of someone whom has a symmetrical face, normal features and it's just the most basic form of a persons face our mind can perceive.

Dream Imitation Theory:

This is the one I believe the most along with the daytime recognition theory, a mixture of both has then ended up causing this. This theory is basically just mass hysteria, once people started freaking out about this then others started dreaming about it and so the loop continued.

Dream Surfer Theory:

Quite a few people believe this theory, but it has the lowest scientific credibility. This is that "This man" can enter peoples dreams using psychological skills. Some believe that in real life this man looks like the man in the dreams. Others think that the man in the dreams looks completely different from his real life counterpart. Some people seem to believe that behind this man there is a mental conditioning plan developed by a major corporation.

Religious Theory:

Some people believe that this is the face of God, or of the Creator, or at least, one of his many forms. This is why the people who believe in this theory try to follow his indications and words he speaks closely.

No matter what theory is correct, still stands that the picture is unsettling for most people.

Posters where also put up across the world. Here's a couple from London and Milano:

london.jpg
milano.jpg

So.. Have you seen this man?

Reactions: 18
Here's another that most people might have heard of.

"This man" is a myth that spread around the internet (and the real life world) for quite a while after a patient of a New York psychiatrist drew a picture of a man that she said has been appearing in her dreams. On several occasions he has given her advice but she's never seen him before IRL. The psychiatrist kept the picture on his desk for a few days, until another one of his patients recognised the man in the drawing as someone from his own dreams. In a few months after that, 4 addional patients recognised the man in the drawing as people they've seen in their dreams. None of those people knew each other.

thisman_small.jpg
< This is "This man".

Since 2006 to about 2015 (from what I get get from different sites) over 2000 people have claimed to see this man, all of whom are scattered across the globe.

There's many theories to this, some more credible then others.

Archetype Theory:

This theory is that this face is something that your subconscious that arises during times of hardship.

Daytime Recognition Theory:

Normally, we don't remember the faces we see in our dreams if it's just casual. So, when the person is awake, their mind forms an image of someone whom has a symmetrical face, normal features and it's just the most basic form of a persons face our mind can perceive.

Dream Imitation Theory:

This is the one I believe the most along with the daytime recognition theory, a mixture of both has then ended up causing this. This theory is basically just mass hysteria, once people started freaking out about this then others started dreaming about it and so the loop continued.

Dream Surfer Theory:

Quite a few people believe this theory, but it has the lowest scientific credibility. This is that "This man" can enter peoples dreams using psychological skills. Some believe that in real life this man looks like the man in the dreams. Others think that the man in the dreams looks completely different from his real life counterpart. Some people seem to believe that behind this man there is a mental conditioning plan developed by a major corporation.

Religious Theory:

Some people believe that this is the face of God, or of the Creator, or at least, one of his many forms. This is why the people who believe in this theory try to follow his indications and words he speaks closely.

No matter what theory is correct, still stands that the picture is unsettling for most people.

Posters where also put up across the world. Here's a couple from London and Milano:

london.jpg
milano.jpg

So.. Have you seen this man?
Wow. This guy looks like my dad. %) A decade or two ago maybe, but it sure looks like him.
He even has a unibrow. XD

Reactions: Kakea and 28142

This music video will weird you out. (If it don't scare ya.)

This music video will weird you out. (If it don't scare ya.)

Ehh... There's much more wierd/scary stuff.

This scared me, not just Robots: but the fact of the possible dystopian that could come with them...
Seriously read this page, knowing/seeing Robot Apocalypse movies are based on real life
events (People making machines that glitch badly, we don't see widespread death yet...)
and try not to be horrified once your imagination
starts going...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotics

Back