Search for the Source

• Thread starter DarkMatterGaming
  • Start date
DarkMatterGaming

DarkMatterGaming

BOWSER DROPKICK!
Towns Folk
The World

The world - as known to the habitats of this world - is called Verra. It's much like Earth, bar the industrialization; Verra as a planet relies more on the arcane. Life is supported by what's known as energy, created by natural processes in unknown locations. Energy by itself is one and the same, but once it enters a living being, it begins to develop in subcategories - Natural and Nature energies. As a result, most of the machinery used in the world of Verra doesn't use their equivalent of fossil fuels but rather the energy that's in the air.

The main species that exist on Verra are humans and various wildlife. Humanity has attempted - and to a degree succeeded - to create autonomous robots that use energy in the air as fuel. As a result, many towns have the occasional robot among the inhabitants.

However, the concept of vehicles is nothing more than carriages and horses; while developments into cars have been conducted, it's been overall agreed by leaders in government that they're more damaging to the environment they live in than productive.

Energies and Descriptions

Energy comes into the world with a predetermined "destiny" - while it's all one and the same, it comes from sources of a specific 'nature.' These sources are - as stated - unknown to human location, albeit research has been conducted to attempt locating them. They're the fuel of the world, powering farm machinery or the weapons that castles use to protect themselves.

Energy in living beings exists in what's referred to as a 'pool.' Every being can hold a certain capacity before they're simply not able to hold more. However, multiple pools do exist - one for the natural energy, the largest - and multiple for nature energies, generally smaller but more focused. Beings usually have up to one o two pools of nature energy, but it's been recorded that more have been used.

As a trade off for existing in the bodies of beings, energy flows throughout much like blood. As a result, crippling an arm may result in energy never flowing back to that arm, even if it makes a full recovery. In order to channel energy, it needs to find a channel out, so in that event the arm is effectively crippled for energy attacks.
  • Natural Energies
Natural energy is 'neutral' energy; this energy can be expanded for any type of attack, defense or otherwise. It can be used to power objects if channeled correctly, but it cannot produce elements like flames, water and so on. As a result, these energies are usually combined with nature energies to produce more powerful attacks. However, it is fully possible to use natural energy by itself for attacks.
  • Nature Energies
Nature energies take on a variety of forms, ranging from fire to water to earth and more. A full list of elements has never been compiled, but research has been put in to attempt to do so. This coincides with the want to find the source of these nature energies - by finding the source, you can experiment with what pathways energy may take.

The nature energies known so far include Fire, Water, Earth, Electricity, Ice, Steel, Wind and Wood. Many of these elements are combined together to

Note: In order to request a new nature energy, you must message me the concept for the energy; I will not be accepting these initially.

Plot

Life has been peaceful on Verra; the last great war ended roughly one year ago with no major casualties on either sides, and the daily routine has been restored. However, all does not sit well within the world; a dark presence has been noted by many people and as a result tensions have began to rise yet again, with blame being shunted onto each other. Rumors have spread that this presence is hunting for not just the sources of nature energies, but rather the source of all energy. With little leads to go off, and government having little power in this situation, citizens have taken it upon themselves to find this presence. Whether to find and defeat the presence or join it's quest are up to the people, however...

Rules

1. Typical RP rules; no godmodding, no calling hits, the like.

2. Max of 2 characters per person.

3. Killing is not allowed unless both parties agree to it.

4. Plot advances must be run by me first as to avoid some sort of plot coagulation. I'm not nonnegotiable here.

Write "I have read and will follow the rules." at the bottom of your sheet to prove you will follow these rules.

Character Sheet

Notes: Appearance can be either an image of the character or a description! Any plot events that change the appearance (not like new clothing, rather the entire appearance changing) or reveal new aspects of a character results in an updated character sheet.

Nature energies are limited to a max of 2 per character unless requested otherwise.

Name:
Appearance:
Affiliation:
Weapon(s):
Energies

• Nature Energies:
Energy Skills
  • Offensive:
  • Defensive:
  • Miscellaneous:

My character will be in my following post.

Reactions: KalTurahk and Marc
I'd like to note one thing: I'm exempting myself from a few rules for plot purposes, however any character I create from here on will abide by the rules I set.

Name: "Greed"
Biography: Not much is known about Greed; he seems to never sleep or eat, and carries himself with a lot of importance. Many who've met him have described him as off putting but never being able to place why. Some think it's his white gloves that never seem to dirty or be removed while others believe it's... just his personality. His motives are kept to him and his few cohorts, but whichever side he lays on has a powerful ally.
Appearance: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/106/6/1/Anime_Guy_by_lebobs.jpg
Affiliation:
Unknown.
Weapon(s): Seemingly none.
Energies
  • Nature Energies: Those who watch Greed fight know that he carries an alarming amount of nature energies, however the ones he uses the most during combat are Fire and Steel.
Energy Skills
  • Offensive: Standard energy shots, fire balls, the like. Some have noted that his skills seem very similar to other well known skills.
  • Defensive: Iron walls, creating a fiery aura, energy shelling, and so on.
  • Miscellaneous: His miscellaneous skills aren't known for either never being used or simply not having any.
Once we hit a certain plot point that I've planned - the only one I've planned - we'll see what Greed can really do.

Anyone? I hate bumping posts but I'm really curious to see what people can with this.

I'm joining, seems really interesting! I'm still working on my character, so please bear with me.;)

I'm joining, seems really interesting! I'm still working on my character, so please bear with me.;)

Oh gosh, no rush! I was just getting a teensy bit anxious oops

Back