Sega Megadrive

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Anyone remember this classic console, home of some of the most iconic sonic games? =3

I've never play Sega megadrive but it must be not so cool as the dreamcast is

I have one, and some games, but sadly, the AV/OUT cable that was with it is dead now.
But I have played it, and yes, it has good games.

@jams3223: Please don't compare the MegaDrive and the Dreamcast. The former was released during the SNES era, while the other was released during the GameCube/PS2/Xbox era, and thus, you can't really compare it, as there are too many details to consider before ;)

I had a Sega Metairie when I was a kid. My favorite games on it were Sunset Riders, Shadow Dancer, Street Fighter 2, Snow Bros., and a lot more that I can't remember. Yes, I've played Sonic games too but I'm not a big fan. Mario ftw!!

I played on a Sega Megadrive. I was really impressed with it's ability to produce graphics so vivid and good looking. Virtua racing was one of the best looking racing games at that time, looking a lot like the Formula 1 games you know today.
This was a big success for SEGA. Although it did not sell as well as the SNES, it was a great starting point for the company.

Not sure if the Mega Drive or the Genesis came first, I'm soooo confused. :panda: I keep thinking the Genesis came first because of its name however I could be wrong since it's a 16-bit console. I've never even played the Mega Drive but yesterday I've just heard about it watching Youtube.

@jams3223: Please don't compare the MegaDrive and the Dreamcast. The former was released during the SNES era, while the other was released during the GameCube/PS2/Xbox era, and thus, you can't really compare it, as there are too many details to consider before ;)
it was actually out in ps1 n64 era cause sega quite with consols mid era cause they were not making money.

I loved my MegaDrive, so many hours lost on Mortal Kombat and Sonic :D

Still have my original Game Gear too, gonna have to dust that bad boy off soon and get reaquainted with my inner 13yr old!

Back