Senioritis

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I'm pretty sure that if you're in high school (and especially if you're a senior) that you may have heard about Senioritis. What is it you may ask? Well it's basically a type of disease (not deadly or anything) which occurs in high school seniors (usually over the fall or winter) where they just flat out don't feel like doing anything in school.

In general, when a senior catches senioritis, it's usually because:
  • They already got accepted into the college of their liking
  • They have almost all the credits required to graduate
  • They took mostly easy classes to end their high school careers
So if a senior actually took a lot of harder courses through their senior year (like me), then they are unlikely, but still prone to senioritis. It is probably contagious, since if you see a bunch of seniors lazying around makes you want to do the same. Nothing bad really happens because of it, you just kind of ignore school and choose to do other things instead of schoolwork instead. Some seniors even go as far as skipping class due to senioritis.

For my seniors out there, how many of you are already (or think you already) have it? I tend to question whether I have it or not, but my schedule doesn't let me (I have like 7 APs lol >.>). I don't really look down upon those that do, but I just recommend you don't get because then it just makes me look like more of a nerd >.> And for those of you who already graduated, how many of you had it? I'm kinda interested about what other people do with senioritis.

We had the old British system of schooling and couldn't choose our classes even if we wanted, so it's not like my senioritis showed a lot - except during the month before our final national exams, when I didn't study for the school tests at all because there were too dang many of them and personal problems to take care of and such. I failed all but six of them and two of them I just scraped passing marks in, but I didn't really care because what with most of my teachers disliking me, it's not like I could have gotten the top marks even if I tried. I did start studying two weeks before the final exams and everything turned out fine, so it's all good \: D/

Reactions: 3905
My motivation in school kinda plummeted during sophomore year, and a year from now I'll probably be suffering from senioritis lol. It's weird because I still love school and get stressed out about the possibility of bad grades but I can't get myself to care enough to actually do work.

I had Senioritis from day 1 of Senior year lol. After that school day was over, looking at the work I had to do I was like "What the crap is this?"

Most of the afternoon and evening was me trying as hard as I could to motivate myself to do the work, lol. You'd think they would take it easy on the first day for seniors... but nope! xD

I only needed two classes to graduate my senior year, so naturally, I had senioritis. Didn't go so well with my AP Psychology class, but it happened.

Senioritis just went into overdrive recently. I have no motivation to do any work anymore lmao. I don't think I've turned in half the stuff I should've so far. Still passing everything, though :thumbsup:

Reactions: 3905
Back