Ultimate Sephiroth in smash!!!

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
So a new character was announced for smash at the game awards and its sephiroth from final fantasy.
He doesnt look like another anime swordfighter because he seems to have some projectiles including a poison projectile and a mini fire ball.

And the stage looks really cool. It looks like the bonus stage from classic mode imo. It also looks like he has a transformation where he gets the wing? Or thats just an alt. We will probably get a sakurai presents next week.

Reactions: Dark Link, Mizunil and Kadaj
Kind of surprised we have a second Final Fantasy representative, but I guess it's not quite so unexpected compared to everything else we've had.

Guess I'll hold on to my hope for Saber and keep it for the next announcement. One day, I'm sure.

Reactions: Deepak
Ok. So i've slowed down the video to see all the moves and here's my analysis along with the timestamps:
1:14 - 1:15 Forward tilts
1:16 Forward air which can also stick to walls
1:19 - 1:20 Down special. Its a counter but it looks like it doubles as a reflector like palutena and joker with arsene.
1:22 Up air
1:25 Side special. It surrounds the opponent with three poison balls if the opponent is nearby and it attacks the opponent.
1:27 Up smash
1:30 The stage. It travels to multiple planets i think?
1:33 Down air. Similar to links down air but faster. It spikes.
1:44 side smash which is angled downwards. Similar to byleth's side smash.
1:46-1:48 This looked like a side special but if you slow down the video, you can see an arrow rotating around him to aim which direction. So this is the up special used for recovery as well as attacking.
1:51-1:52 Neutral special. A fireball that can be charged and explodes on impact. Similar to hero's boom and kaboom.
2:68-2:59 The final smash

Reactions: Mizunil
OK, let me find some good disses for the misses

UwU Anime Bois
Cloud ALT

OK I can't think of that much lmao

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
Huh. Sephiroth is one of the most famous Final Fantasy villains -> FF7 is the most popular Final Fantasy game -> FF7R Part 1 recently came out -> Part 2 is on the way
It's clever advertising from Square :lapras:

1:30 The stage. It travels to multiple planets i think?
Without going into spoiler territory, looks like the stage is an endgame area in FF7.

Reactions: Deepak and Jisenku
So a new character was announced for smash at the game awards and its sephiroth from final fantasy.
He doesnt look like another anime swordfighter because he seems to have some projectiles including a poison projectile and a mini fire ball.

And the stage looks really cool. It looks like the bonus stage from classic mode imo. It also looks like he has a transformation where he gets the wing? Or thats just an alt. We will probably get a sakurai presents next week.
Finally something cool that looks worth buying... I'm glad he's coming,tbh I'm surprised he didn't make it to the game sooner. and unlike steve theres not a silly reason hes being added (i heard dumb memes was the only reason people asked for steve... just wow people of all reasons... ;-; ).

Now i only have one small problem with this... i will need to redo my 40K+ KOs i had with byleth playing sephiroth lol

sooo... cloud is gonna get a reworked final smash or something?
i doubt they would do it only for he cases where he is figthing sephirot

sooo... cloud is gonna get a reworked final smash or something?
i doubt they would do it only for he cases where he is figthing sephirot
Well I mean, it definitely would be a nice touch. If they do it, it would only be for sephiroth. They have done something slightly similar before: The palutena's guidance you can get if you use pit specifically on palutena's temple stage.

Well I mean, it definitely would be a nice touch. If they do it, it would only be for sephiroth. They have done something slightly similar before: The palutena's guidance you can get if you use pit specifically on palutena's temple stage.
Now someone just needs to tell nintendo to make metal face from xenoblade1 #9 and i will have no more complaints at all

Ok but really, he has a lot more potential in smash than just being a random boss on a specific stage or a 4* spirit. If they did ridley then they can definitely do metal face, even if he ends up being very broken and hitting too hard. Give a cool character a better chance that they definitely have =P

If metal face ends up being a new DLC i wouldnt be surprised if hes really broken, more than likely almost every attack from him would be 20 to possily even 30% damage per hit. but since bowser still hits like a boss its only fair to throw in someone who could easily rival him in blunt damage... not to mention i would only be choosing metal face if he was added too ! ^^

Edit: also a special interaction in game between him and shulk would also be good and make sense

Reactions: Deepak and Jisenku

I feel kind of uncomfortable. He brought dis pear! Even though I'm uncomfortable with these super evil villains, I'm happy for those who are happy, and isn't that what matters most in videos games? Aside from love that is :p

I feel kind of uncomfortable. He brought dis pear! Even though I'm uncomfortable with these super evil villains, I'm happy for those who are happy, and isn't that what matters most in videos games? Aside from love that is :p
What do you mean uncomfortable? Do you not like that he actually looks evil unlike villains like bowser and king k rool?

What do you mean uncomfortable? Do you not like that he actually looks evil unlike villains like bowser and king k rool?
But... evil bad...

But... evil bad...
I wont post spoilers, but if you thought sephiroth was bad i think metal face was worse in xenoblade 1 even if he isnt stronger, sephiroth had a heart, meanwhile metal face just didnt care at all and killed a lot more indiscriminately than sephiroth imo

Aand i dont suggest playing resident evil if these ones are scary lol... but back on topic, if metal face gets added im buying him right away. Already on the waiting game for sephiroth and boy does he look cute haha ^^

The chances of metal face being added is really low. Because he’s supposed to be this huge robot thing and making him the same size as all the characters would be be very weird. And he’s already in the game as a stage hazard. So IF he is somehow chosen, he would only be added in the next game similar to how ridley was made a character is ultimate.

Watching gameplay of this character just makes me think this is just an amalgamation of other characters. Dash attack? Mewtwo. Projectile? Hero. Oh yeah give a character aerials with mad range because Vishera Games. Nothing wrong with that. Oh yeah and let's make sure the music isn't in the game before he gets released because it's not like Cloud exists. He's probably going down a tier now. I wish some characters had better movement options like in Rivals of Aether instead of massive range like most of the DLC. I mean yeah I want Spyro in more than him because his games are all about different skills. Steve sorta did that with the blocks and his Brawl recovery. Now I think Smash is a reads based game more than ever. But I have yet to try the character so we'll see next year what the Fighters Pass 2 brings.

Back