Share digital switch games with friends!

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
So i just recently found this out but you can actually ay digital games that your friends have. It pretty simple but you need to have lots of trust in your friend. You basically give them your nintendo account details so they sign in on their switch and they can play all your digital games. BUT they must be connected to the internet all all times and only one switch can play at a time. Theres a workaround for the second problem though. The owner of the games can play all the games on an alt account while their friend uses their account. And remember not to give this info to strangers. And if you face any problem, quickly change your password. Hope this helps!

So i just recently found this out but you can actually ay digital games that your friends have. It pretty simple but you need to have lots of trust in your friend. You basically give them your nintendo account details so they sign in on their switch and they can play all your digital games. BUT they must be connected to the internet all all times and only one switch can play at a time. Theres a workaround for the second problem though. The owner of the games can play all the games on an alt account while their friend uses their account. And remember not to give this info to strangers. And if you face any problem, quickly change your password. Hope this helps!
You can actually play at the same time, but you (as the Nintendo Account owner) will have to keep a constant Internet connection.
  1. To do this, you have to disconnect your Nintendo Account as the primary console for your Switch.
  2. You then have to give your friend your Nintendo Account login so they can make it their primary.
  3. Once that's done, you can play your games but you need to play under your main profile and you need Internet.
You don't have to stay connected to the Internet, but there's a 'check' that checks for Internet access every XX minutes.

This way, the two of you can play over WiFi at the same time.

And game sharing is only something you should do with a very trustworthy friend. They can steal your login, change your password and email, and basically bounce.. never to be heard from again. You'd be pretty much screwed.

I don't think Nintendo is open to the idea of doing this with strangers over the Internet, so be VERY careful.

Reactions: Deepak and 28142
You can actually play at the same time, but you (as the Nintendo Account owner) will have to keep a constant Internet connection.
  1. To do this, you have to disconnect your Nintendo Account as the primary console for your Switch.
  2. You then have to give your friend your Nintendo Account login so they can make it their primary.
  3. Once that's done, you can play your games but you need to play under your main profile and you need Internet.
You don't have to stay connected to the Internet, but there's a 'check' that checks for Internet access every XX minutes.

This way, the two of you can play over WiFi at the same time.

And game sharing is only something you should do with a very trustworthy friend. They can steal your login, change your password and email, and basically bounce.. never to be heard from again. You'd be pretty much screwed.

I don't think Nintendo is open to the idea of doing this with strangers over the Internet, so be VERY careful.

The primary console thing is only needed for you to play on your own profile/account, that isn't needed if you don't mind using their account

Reactions: Marc
I decided to do with a friend for a temporary period like one month. I can finally play and finish mario odyssey and hollow knight.

Reactions: phofufury, Marc and 28142
I decided to do with a friend for a temporary period like one month. I can finally play and finish mario odyssey and hollow knight.
i mean, it's a lot easier physically lmao

i mean, it's a lot easier physically lmao
Some people don't know others in their area with the same console as 'em :monkey:

Some people don't know others in their area with the same console as 'em :monkey:
makes sense, but it's a lot safer than giving a rando your info. but i guess if they're like family and stuff it could work out

I do this to share with my kids, I made the new switch the secondary console, so the kids can play all the games I have bought on the primary console on their own log ins. It is kind of annoying to have the message "checking to see if the software can be played" displayed every time I start a game I have bought, on the second console.

Reactions: Deepak and Jisenku
It is kind of annoying to have the message "checking to see if the software can be played" displayed every time I start a game I have bought, on the second console.

This is the console connecting to the internet to check if you actually own the game still and validating the license. If you don't have an internet connection this will fail and the game wont launch.

It is good that they will let you, an improvement on the 3ds where your only option was to give someone your 3ds. Still kind of annoying if I wanted to play a game I own while at the park for example. Other option is to buy Minecraft again... Has not been an issue recently though.

HAH! you nerds with your Nintendo Switches

(says the guy who has a freaking Miku avatar and watches anime)

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury
this is cool, tho like you said, u need A LOT of trust with whoever your sharing it with. sadly, i dont got any friends who i can do it with..or at least have games that i dont and wanna play em....

Reactions: Jisenku
Back