Shared NNIDs

• Thread starter Taiiny
  • Start date
Taiiny

Taiiny

I ate in the past few minutes
Towns Folk
My NNID is age locked, after Nintendo found out I lied about my age, so the 3DS eShop won't let me look at rated M and such games. If I buy a Wii U, I don't know if I should use the same NNID, or just create a new one so I can look at M content, like SMT x FE and Bayonetta. Can you guys tell me the privileges of sharing the same NNID between both the 3DS and Wii U? And people who think I shouldn't of lied in the first place, many to almost all kids do this, and I did no harmful searching on my 3DS.

Wow, that sucks. Maybe you can have a parent, adult sibling or friend email Nintendo and ask for them to change your NNID's age info; they're likely to prod into your privacy by asking for image proof, but you should go through with it.

What you're missing out on is that several multi-platform games that are bought on one console (such as your 3DS) are discounted on the other console with the same NNID (such as the Wii U you'd own). Some of them even become free on the other platform - cross-buying, see. You should try your best to get your age changed, or you'll miss out on cross-buying and special discounts.

Ah. But as far as I've seen, the special discounts only run for retail games and such. And for cross buying, wouldn't they just give you a download code? Anyways, thanks for the info!

Ah. But as far as I've seen, the special discounts only run for retail games and such. And for cross buying, wouldn't they just give you a download code?

Even so, discounts :love:

The download code cross-buying was only for Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars AFAIK. If you look at the other ones, like OlliOlli, they require the same NNID.

I think I may of come up with a solution for that. I've also been planning to buy a new 3DS/2DS, I could link my accounts to the new one so I won't miss out. And I usually buy retail games in physical form. ;-;

If you never buy digital and you intend on getting another 2DS/3Ds eventually, then creating a brand new NNID isn't a bad idea, if you can use this one later on your next console.

Wait, how did they find out that you were lying in the first place?

I'm sorry that you got banned/restricted. That said, you should understand that despite your not having done anything harmful while using the service, it's still their job to actively enforce their policy of not providing such services or material to anyone under a certain age. If you buy a new console and link a new account, then the odds are that you'll probably be caught again and subject to the same torture. It's better to just let it go than to fight it.

Back